Curzon Home Cinema no longer available on Freesat from Nov. 27th

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Within the last few days we'd finally found a streaming film service for watching on TV that we liked, registered, viewed trailers etc., only to stumble upon the announcement in my subject line. The wonderful technology seems to take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back on a regular basis, in our experience.

As far as I can see on the Curzon website there's no options we would consider; a new samsung TV, BT TV, or the clunky options of chromecast, Amazon etc. Are we missing something, is there really no way to view Curzon on our TV?

daveh75

whiskywheels said:
As far as I can see on the Curzon website there's no options we would consider; a new samsung TV, BT TV, or the clunky options of chromecast, Amazon etc. Are we missing something, is there really no way to view Curzon on our TV?

You've answered you're own question and perfectly demonstrated why a dedicated streaming stick/box is superior to smart TV/STB platforms, i.e the later have a tendency to get dumber over time as services get pulled and apps get deprecated.

There's nothing remotely 'clunky' about the likes of Amazon Fire TV/Stick, Chromecast etc IMO.

And cutting your nose off just to spite your face seems the least sensible option if you ask me...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts