Currently have the Q Acoustics concept 50's on demo at home, will I finally change the 753's?

Wilts Hobbit

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
As some of you know I have been dithering for ages about possibly upgrading or changing my Mission 753's that I have owned from new, indeed bugging you all for advice multiple times🙂 I am not a detail junky and find myself looking for a sound that does not give fatigue me after half an hour's listening. So I am lucky enough to have the Q acoustics concept 50's on home demo, will keep you posted on my thoughts. Cheers

Wilts Hobbit

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
Lucky you. They probably need a bit of space to breathe but are very nicely balanced iirc. I look forward to reading how it goes.
Thank you and yes very lucky, well until the interest free credit runs out on the credit card😅, but these audio itches need scratching. will keep you posted, initial thoughts are they are very neutral sounding and the bass goes really low but is really well controlled. Cheers Ali.

Reactions: nopiano

Wilts Hobbit

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
But how does the soundstage compare, and the 'dynamics' and the vocals?
Was hoping you would see this thread, soundstage is great wide and quite tall, vocals are clear smooth and like the mid range without harshness, everything appears really balanced, but these are 1st impressions, will update after more use. I will say it's the 1st set of speakers I have not dismissed almost straight away when comparing to the 753's 🙂

Reactions: Al ears and treesey

treesey

I humbly suggest you listen to the QAC50s for a while, days if you can... and then swop back to a few key favorite 'vocals' tunes on the 753s.

When I first plugged in the PMCs I was impressed with the overall sound, but it was only going back to the 753s I realised the vocal clarity was significantly superior.

Wilts Hobbit

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
I humbly suggest you listen to the QAC50s for a while, days if you can... and then swop back to a few key favorite 'vocals' tunes on the 753s.

When I first plugged in the PMCs I was impressed with the overall sound, but it was only going back to the 753s I realised the vocal clarity was significantly superior.
I could not agree more I have them for 2 weeks so plan the 1st week to adjust to them and then will direct a-b them with the 753's🙂 having had another couple of hours with them I feel I am missing a bit of sparkle from the treble, that might be down to synergy the elex r and denifrips ares ii are "warmer" sounding bits of kit, we shall see. Cheers

Reactions: treesey

Wilts Hobbit

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
Quick update I, well my credit card at least, have gone ahead and purchased the Concept 50's, after a 2 week home demo I love them, the TV has not been on! Took the 1st week just listening to them in there own right, having owned the 753's from new I needed time to adjust to something new, they almost sound holographic at times. I have listened to various other floorstanders before these and nothing tempted me to change until now. So thanks all with your valuable advice along the way, concious I posted a few speaker questions \ posts on this journey. Will still be sad to see the missions go but they deserve to be played and enjoyed by someone else, Cheers

Wilts Hobbit

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
Good info - thanks - but a change will be way off in the future for me :)

Have the 753s gone in part-ex?
I don't blame you, in answer to your questions on initial listening the vocals on the 753 were a bit more forward, like you mentioned the vocals are exceptional but with Q's they are slightly less obvious but have more depth, but the bass is so deep and controlled and the mid range is stellar. If you are ever in Wiltshire let me know and you are welcome to come and have a listen. Ref the 753's not gone in part ex, part of me wants to keep them, but I would prefer they are used and enjoyed so I am going to put them up for sale.cheers

Reactions: RoA

treesey

Thank you that's most excellent of you. If you are sure the vocals on the new speakers are that good, and pip the 753s, that's good enough for me.

I'll just wait for the economy to explode and get some QAC50s on the cheap - I'm such a B'stard.

Wilts Hobbit

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
Sounds special. I wanted to demo Q Acoustics Concepts but all local dealers had no stocks at the time.
Imho they are special, but like you I was struggling to home demo. And there was no way I could commit to that sort of investment without hearing it with my system in my room. Luckily richer sounds in Bournemouth were able to assist, and to them I am very thankful.

Imho they are special, but like you I was struggling to home demo. And there was no way I could commit to that sort of investment without hearing it with my system in my room. Luckily richer sounds in Bournemouth were able to assist, and to them I am very thankful.
Indeed. Supply of certain components has been a real issue. I demoed the following:

MA Gold 100, Dali Rubicon 2.

A couple of weeks later a small hi-fi business let me have Amphion Argon 1.

A couple of weeks later I demoed Neat Acoustic SX2 and Iota Alpha.

All of them impressed but I kept referring to the Dalis. After a second demo of the Dalis with the Amphions, the Dalis were clear winners. The only snag was the colour I wanted there was no delivery date. After several months I'm pleased I waited.

Disappointed I couldn't hear the Concepts or ATCs I had on the list.

The point I'm making is your musical instinct really does pay off.

Wilts Hobbit

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
Indeed. Supply of certain components has been a real issue. I demoed the following:

MA Gold 100, Dali Rubicon 2.

A couple of weeks later a small hi-fi business let me have Amphion Argon 1.

A couple of weeks later I demoed Neat Acoustic SX2 and Iota Alpha.

All of them impressed but I kept referring to the Dalis. After a second demo of the Dalis with the Amphions, the Dalis were clear winners. The only snag was the colour I wanted there was no delivery date. After several months I'm pleased I waited.

Disappointed I couldn't hear the Concepts or ATCs I had on the list.

The point I'm making is your musical instinct really does pay off.
Could not agree more, before I heard the 753's, I had purchased a pair of Ruark Talisman floorstanders, I had them for 2 weeks before the missions were released, and the dealer kindly allowed me to swap them back, amazing service and I still use them to this day wherever possible, but as you say instinct does pay off, the easy option would of been to keep the excellent ruarks, but seeing as it's taken 29 years to replace the missions I think it worked out pretty good 🙂

Reactions: plastic penguin

robdmarsh

they almost sound holographic at times. I have listened to various other floorstanders before these and nothing tempted me to change until now
Interesting, plenty of voices saying they love Q Acoustics Concept line of speakers here. Never heard any but I was tempted to try out the bookshelf Concept 30 to satisfy my curiosity as to whether any speaker sub £1k can beat the Triangle Titus EZ. Contenders I've heard so far, Dynaudio Emit 20, Dali Opticon 2 mkii, Sonus Faber Lumina ii don't cut the mustard.

What other floorstanders did you hear that are bettered by the Concept 50s?

Wilts Hobbit

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
Hi listened to the Evo 4.4 's, focal 926, and most importantly direct a-b testing against my mission 753's, build is superb but most importantly I just sit back forget about the speakers and enjoy the music. The concept 30s are meant to be amazing, well worth a home demo if possible as if they are anything like the concept 50s they are designed for you to enjoy for hours on end and reveal there quality over time, rather than wow for 20 mins in a demo room and then hurt with prolonged listening at home 🙂

Fernan

Jan 16, 2023
Visit site
I've been living with the Concept 50's for the last 6 weeks and I'm very pleased. The midrange is detailed and very revealing. Vocals are holographic and slightly forward. Great imaging and soundstage. Highs are just right for my taste. They sound very good with a range of genres ( I mainly listen to pop, rock and some vocals) and excellent with better recordings. My room is 14'W X 25'L with a fairly high ceiling and the 50's fill it effortlessly. They are exciting to listen to.

I have a simple rig- Parasound P6 2.1 pre, Para A23+ power, Cambridge CXNV2 streamer and a Marantz CD6007. Sub is a GoldenEar Forcefield 4. Aesthetically, the Q50's look very contemporary and the finish (piano black) is flawless.

If any of you have any experience with bi-wiring and whether this would have any positive effect on the sound, I'm all ears.

Wilts Hobbit

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
I've been living with the Concept 50's for the last 6 weeks and I'm very pleased. The midrange is detailed and very revealing. Vocals are holographic and slightly forward. Great imaging and soundstage. Highs are just right for my taste. They sound very good with a range of genres ( I mainly listen to pop, rock and some vocals) and excellent with better recordings. My room is 14'W X 25'L with a fairly high ceiling and the 50's fill it effortlessly. They are exciting to listen to.

I have a simple rig- Parasound P6 2.1 pre, Para A23+ power, Cambridge CXNV2 streamer and a Marantz CD6007. Sub is a GoldenEar Forcefield 4. Aesthetically, the Q50's look very contemporary and the finish (piano black) is flawless.

If any of you have any experience with bi-wiring and whether this would have any positive effect on the sound, I'm all ears.

Nice sounding set up, glad your liking the concept 50s, not got any experience of bi wiring I am afraid.

personally I would doubt you'll here much difference by biwiring unless you are going down the two monoblock power amps route

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts