Currently demoing Rega Dac and the Audiolab M-dac..

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Been running my Rega DAC now for a month and it continually manages to surprise me, it works so well with the other Rega kit I have, and I must say I can't think why I want to change anything at the moment. Everything is sounding very very musical and I'm really getting into the music and thoroughly enjoying it.

I wasn't really that keen on Rega gear, I knew it was good, but I heard the Brio R and DAC on demo and was blown away! I tried many different Speakers as well including Neat & Epos neither of which worked in my room at home - I was very reluctant to try the RS1 but so glad I did as they sound fantastic and can be placed very near to my back wall.

stevebrock said:
Been running my Rega DAC now for a month and it continually manages to surprise me, it works so well with the other Rega kit I have, and I must say I can't think why I want to change anything at the moment. Everything is sounding very very musical and I'm really getting into the music and thoroughly enjoying it.

I wasn't really that keen on Rega gear, I knew it was good, but I heard the Brio R and DAC on demo and was blown away! I tried many different Speakers as well including Neat & Epos neither of which worked in my room at home - I was very reluctant to try the RS1 but so glad I did as they sound fantastic and can be placed very near to my back wall.

I know you're bowled over by Rega. I spoke to a rega dealer yesterday and he reckons the Saturn would comprehensively beat the Rega Dac on pure performance alone, and would be a wonderful match with the Leema. Couldn't say whether that's fact or garbage...

BluePotato

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Interesting.....I'm still not satisfied with my Leem Pulse, Arcam R-Dac and Spendor A5 combo - missing some sparkle and life to the instruments, sounds a very good stereo but not blowing me away still.

Convinced these Spendors have more love to give and working on the assumption that it's not the Leema letting the side down - think I need to find a Rega DAC stockist.

BluePotato said:
Interesting.....I'm still not satisfied with my Leem Pulse, Arcam R-Dac and Spendor A5 combo - missing some sparkle and life to the instruments, sounds a very good stereo but not blowing me away still.

Convinced these Spendors have more love to give and working on the assumption that it's not the Leema letting the side down - think I need to find a Rega DAC stockist.

I think it maybe the Leema not to your liking. If I remember correctly, you had a receiver previously and the Leema/Spendors/rDac should blow it into oblivion. By all means try a different dac, perhaps the Leema isn't for you.

Sparkle is one thing the Leema doesn't lack, regardless of source or speakers...

BluePotato

May 30, 2012
Visit site
PP - I had nothing before this - first set up. I could be expecting too much - not sure, or maybe not listening at volumes loud enough to get the benefit (generally listen at the last mini notch on the 1st notch or maybe the 2nd main notch (with no mini notch lights on) - if that makes sense.

BluePotato said:
PP - I had nothing before this - first set up. I could be expecting too much - not sure, or maybe not listening at volumes loud enough to get the benefit (generally listen at the last mini notch on the 1st notch or maybe the 2nd main notch (with no mini notch lights on) - if that makes sense.

Yes it does. I remember you have youngsters like me, hence why I recommended the Pulse. I play my amp practically at 7 o'clock on the dial and it sounds invigorating. I know when I heard the Spendor SA-1s at the dealers it sounded fine, although not had the pleasure of those speakers on home dem.

Think I mentioned Totems and PMCs. They really do seem to make the Pulse bristle...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts