Cryus vs Naim

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The Cryus Streamline won award for best streaming solution under £2000 and the Naim Uniti won the award for over £2000. If the Uniti did not have the CD player included would it still win on musical ability or as with the Naim Unitiqute would the Cyrus perform better? I’m considering both of the above solutions to use with my Monitor Audio Silver RS8s. I listen to mainly Rock and Blues.

A

Anonymous

Having heard the Streamline a good few times now; it's very good indeed but IMO wont be enough to drive your speakers to their fullest

pjlloyd said:
The Cryus Streamline won award for best streaming solution under £2000 and the Naim Uniti won the award for over £2000. If the Uniti did not have the CD player included would it still win on musical ability or as with the Naim Unitiqute would the Cyrus perform better? I’m considering both of the above solutions to use with my Monitor Audio Silver RS8s. I listen to mainly Rock and Blues.

To answer these questions fully you need to audition both with your speakers. With a lot of these products, especially in this price bracket, the cheapest can give a better outcome, regardless of reviews and recommendations.

What is your current set-up, MAs aside?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Cyrus will drive the RS8's, but as mentioned, won't get the most from them. I think of the two, the Naim would drive them better. The good thing is, a power amp can be added to either system in order to drive better speakers. Both manufacturers have their own sound, so a demo is highly advised.

On a personal note, I don't think either of them will work that well with either of the streaming systems from a tonal point of view (again, Naim if I had to choose), but we're all different, and you might love one of the combos!

A

Anonymous

Current system is a Audiolab 8000A and Marantz CD 63 mk II. I have considered changing the speakers but possibly not at the moment.

A

Anonymous

With regard your comment "on a personal note .....". Are you suggesting that the MAs won't well with either system? I could also replace the MAs but it isn't something I have so far looked into. Any recommendations on what to consider particularly given my preference for rock and blues. The room size is 5.7 * 4.9 metres.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I've never felt that MA work particularly well with Naim, and higher quality MA speakers tend to work better with Cyrus' more powerful amplification. There are a lot of people out there with these combinations who are quite happy, it's just that it's not my cup of tea. Do try them out for yourself though to see what you think.

With the size of your room, the Naim will be better suited - the StreamLine will need a power amp added to fill that size room effectively. A high efficiency speaker will help with this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts