Crossover Query

bf1

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
I have been looking at the Morduant Shorts Alumni 2 as a home cinema 2.1 solution with the Alumni 9 Sub.

These same speakers are used as a 5.1 setup and I wanted to know if they can also be used in a 2.1 setup?

I don`t understand what the term "Crossover" means but I see in the spec that these are classed as "2nd Order"

Is there any relevance of this in terms of the application I wish to use them?

A

Anonymous

It's not really relevant in this case. The only crossover point you need to consider is between the sub and the speakers.

2nd order means that the crossover rolls off the drive at 12db/octave, and 4th order is 24db/octave - i.e. it's steeper, and reduces the audibility of the drive units beyond the crossover point.

bf1

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Eddie.

My receiver has a Sub Pre-Out connector. Presumably I would not have to wire the speakers directly to the Sub?

Eddie Pound:
It's not really relevant in this case. The only crossover point you need to consider is between the sub and the speakers.

2nd order means that the crossover rolls off the drive at 12db/octave, and 4th order is 24db/octave - i.e. it's steeper, and reduces the audibility of the drive units beyond the crossover point.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts