Creek Evo 50A or Cyrus 8A?

mcampos

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm new in this blog and almost in the HiFi world. I'm planning to acquire an integrated amplifier and I'm considering two offers from a local dealer:

- Creek Evo 50A

- Cyrus 8A

Any advise on what to choose?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Are you going to make use of the optional internal DAC and FM tuners for the Creek?

That way you have a compact 'almost all-in-one' (without streaming).

Otherwise I'd go cyrus but I am biased. It's a fast, punchy and transparent sound with the option of the add-on PSX-R.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Are very good. If it were i id go for the cyrus but its you that needs to go listen and decide.

The internal dac is a very good plus point though

mcampos

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Good point the comment about the Evo's DAC. The offer includes it but I'm not quite sure if I really need it. I usually listen to CD's and I understand that I have enough with my CD player (a Denon BDP 2012UDP).

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
mcampos said:
Good point the comment about the Evo's DAC. The offer includes it but I'm not quite sure if I really need it. I usually listen to CD's and I understand that I have enough with my CD player (a Denon BDP 2012UDP).

Actually, I do correct myself; The Ruby DAC includes Bluetooth so you can stream to the EVO 50.

The Creek seems to retail around £700 and the Ruby DAC module is 400 quid. I am not sure what offer you have found but that is £1100 for the lot. - No phono pre-amp but the cyrus doesn't have one either (and you can fit one internally to the creek which makes it even neater but costs will add up). A flexible solution.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I haven't heard the cyrus. I had the 50a for about a year. It is a very sweet sounding amp and looks really good and if are getting the ruby dac with it on a good deal than it does make it very strong contender.

I auditioned mf3i and fmj19 before i got the 50a.

As pp said its very important what speakers you are going to be pairing with the amp .

so go demo the both amps with, if possible, with your own speakers.

mcampos

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
You're right the best way would be to demo it, but the dealer is located 500 kms away
confused_smile.gif
. Anyway, they give me the chance to send me the amp and return it if I dont like. I think I will do it this way and let you know.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
mcampos said:
You're right the best way would be to demo it, but the dealer is located 500 kms away . Anyway, they give me the chance to send me the amp and return it if I dont like. I think I will do it this way and let you know.

great. Let us know how you get on. I had 3 different sets of speakers paired with the evo 50a. BW cm5 s1, pmc21 and BW cm6s2 and to my ears cm5 worked best with the amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts