Creek Evo 2

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have MA RX1 speakers and am thinking of buying a Creek Evo 2 amp to power them, would an Audiolab 8200CD be a good CD player to finish off the system.

Do you think this would be a good system

Welcome to the old, old problem. Whilst reviews of individual pieces of equipment are all very well the fact that having all 5 star rated kit does not mean it is going to sound brilliant when it is all connected up. As you say trying to find a dealer these days who stocks all the kit you want to audition is usually impossible. The rise of internet shops has exacerbated this problem.
I personally think that because of this you should start a system from the source upwards and leave speaker choice until last - you are more likely to be able to get a speaker for home trial than you are an amp.
Suggest you take your speakers to a dealer that stocks the amp and have a listen there if they will not let you trial it at home. Once you are happy with that then take the lot to a dealer who stocks the CD player if it is possible and listen to that.

A

Anonymous

It's a good combo; heard it when the Audiolab CDP 1st came out but for me, the Creek lacks in all out depth at times and struggled with bassy tracks etc... The bass is articulate and taut but it doesn't have the depth of say the Rotel RA1520, NAD C355/356BEE, Leema Pulse etc...

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
So are you saying stick with the Audiolab but get a Rotel instead of the Creek

Thought the Rotel was considered a bit bright with the MAs

I don't subscribe to hifilover's claim that the Creek struggles. Sure it won't have the bass weight of the Nad (not many do), but the 85 watts really punches out and is well balanced. As I've said before, the Creek Evo2 is one of the best sub-£1000 integrateds I've heard.

Yes, it should be a good match with Audiolab. That said you need to hear it for yourself first, and don't just buy on reviews, even if it is tricky to dem - there are always ways of getting around the situation.

As I mentioned in your previous thread, the Leema gives you so much more than any sub£1000 integrated, and £699 can't be ignored.

Lo Fi said:
Nice to hear from you all again as you can see still cant quite sort my mind out

Don't really understand the problem. Have you dem'd any amp/cd combo? If not then why? If you buy from a reputable dealer they'll usually have a 28 day returns policy. Go for it!
smiley-wink.gif

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
I have a creek evo 2 amp and it is brilliant!!! The bass is deep taut and tuneful. I have to say that time and time again both me and the good lady are sat listening to music and are still amazed by what it can do. Just when you think you've heard everything a track will make you sit and think wow! that modest box is doing that. Shut the curtains turn off the lights and let the music in. :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts