CREEEEEEEEEEEK

fatman

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
I have today bought a Creek a50i amplifier. Was set on the Rotels and have been trying to justify buying the 06 so couldn't pass on the Creek for the same price as the 04.

Am going to be looking for some speakers to complement the Creek. EPOS are the obvious choice but am wondering if there are readers of this forum who have Creek experience & advice?

The wife factor. Speakers have to sit on a deep recessed shelf (some room to breathe) and need to be small bookshelf speakers.

Am definitely going to take the amp on a demo trip but be good to have a few ideas of what to demo - ie, will the amp suit Quad 9L2 or B&W 686 as well as the EPOS or should I better spending more money on those cute little Leema's or CM1's?

fatman

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
thanks John, which other speakers did you try & rule out. I'd be interested to know what didn't work and what came close. Subjective I know.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]My (v similar) Classic is pushing PMC DB1+'s..........[/quote]
Did you give up on the Spendors and new DB1i's?

A

Anonymous

Focal Chorus speakers work fantasticly well with Creek kit...

fatman

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
thanks both, i can see with all the intention in the world of budgeting on £200-£300 I'll audition the speakers mentioned and convince myself I'll skip on a few nights out and do the amp justice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts