Covidiots

Gray

Of 14,000 fines for breaking lockdown rules in England and Wales, 862 were repeat fines.
One person has been fined 9 times. Even if neighbours held a grudge and coppers were over- zealous, that's some special person there.
The figures cover the period before the fine increased from £60 to £100, so it's only cost the 9 timer £540....should have been at least that much each time shouldn't it?

jjbomber

Of 14,000 fines for breaking lockdown rules in England and Wales, 862 were repeat fines.
One person has been fined 9 times. Even if neighbours held a grudge and coppers were over- zealous, that's some special person there.
The figures cover the period before the fine increased from £60 to £100, so it's only cost the 9 timer £540....should have been at least that much each time shouldn't it?

No, it get doubled. So it's £60 first offence, £120 second offence, £240 third offence, £480 for a 4th offence, £960 for a 5th offence and there was a maximum of £1920 I think.

The new rates are £100, £200, £400, £800, £1.600 and a maximum of £3.200 for all subsequent ones.

In Wales it's £30.

Of course, the maximum fine is death.

Gray

No, it get doubled. So it's £60 first offence, £120 second offence, £240 third offence, £480 for a 4th offence, £960 for a 5th offence and there was a maximum of £1920 I think.

The new rates are £100, £200, £400, £800, £1.600 and a maximum of £3.200 for all subsequent ones.

In Wales it's £30.

Of course, the maximum fine is death.
Yeah sadly more often the death of others and not the idiots.
(I saw that about the doubling - but I thought doubling only came in from this week - too late anyway, people will be (officially) doing what they like soon. In terms of the virus, what's actually changed?.....apart from the 'R' number having actually gone up slightly).

jjbomber

Mrs 12th was telling me she'd read about a landlord who'd had the police force them to close on eight separate occasions. Surely after two or three their licence should be revoked?

Speaking of pubs, I hope that when they do re-open, it's a 6pm closing time. The last thing we need in this country right now is drunken idiots clogging up the NHS A&E services. As soon as pubs open normally, it will happen. So let's ease people back in slowly and open for meals at lunch time and early evening.

Gray

Well, he'll find out how many of them are actually his friends now...
Sure will.
Wouldn't mind betting that. given the choice, he'd have much preferred a couple of weeks in jail to a 10 grand fine.
Might sound like a lot but fly tipping has a 50k maximum fine (not that anyone's had that yet).
Nevertheless 10k should serve as a bit of a disincentive to other party planners.

Last edited:

michael hoy

Had a delivery of some goods last Thursday, the driver at first said he believed that COVID19 was fake.

He has been taking no precautions since lockdowns started and he never caught it.

After having a discussion he then said what is it anyway.

I will say no more :-(

Reactions: Gray

RBinDC

Aug 21, 2020
Visit site
Hey mates, (if I am allowed to be so bold to use the term) in the US the red state idiots would rebel against fines like the ones imposed in the UK. Many claim the COVID is a hoax perpetrated by people who oppose Trump. And guess what? They are f*****g dying! Maybe that will improve the gene pool.

scene

Having had it, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, even an idiot who claims it's all a hoax, or a plague from China, or it will just disappear, or whatever his latest claim is, and berate people for wearing masks. It is, hopefully a case is poetic justice, rather than a political stunt...

jjbomber

The latest cash grab by the police is to stalk out shopping car parks. My cousin just had a £1,000 fine at MacArthur Glen in Bridgend, after going there from Swansea. Serves her right, no sympathy from me. But at £1,000 a pop, it's a nice money earner. I still say it should be 3 points on the licence, but the police prefer money!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts