could it be down to interconnects?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just started to re use my hifi now that my children are growing up i have a bit more time to listen to music.............

NADC319 integrated amp and NADC270 power amp. Arcam alpha 8SE CD Player and KEF Q35 speakers.

The interconnects from CD to C319 are Nordost Black Knight. I am not sure what the interconnects are between the C319 and C270. (they are Nordost as well i think , they are flat flexible copper?)

Speaker cable is QED silver anniversary.

I Have always felt there is a slight lack of something in the bass and clarity department. ( i have also noticed that some CDs are better recorded than others?)

Can anyone recommend different interconnects for between cd and amp and also amp to amp?

I know that either Chord or Merlin cables work well with Nad and Arcam. You really need a cable that'll inject some vitality into your system. But, and it's a very big BUT, great cables won't turn an average system into a top-notch one.

Really depends on budget, but i would be tempted to upgrade the speakers to Monitor Audio (or at least try and arrange home trial) or maybe Dynaudios.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
I had these speakers for a while (powered by an Arcam Alpha 7 amp) and never found the bass that great. Are they nice and stable? as that makes a big difference to bass definition.

A

Anonymous

Personally I find the QED Silver Anniversary cable made my system sound thin and lacking bass. I've no idea why but moving to Carnival Silver Screen really helped my system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts