Could better speaker stands help tighten up bass?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Ear height is more precise, unless you have a very small head....

They are the correct height then, but I would personally be looking at some kind of isolation pads or slabs to get them off the floor
Agree about isolating pads or slabs as they seem to be floorstanders, taller than my RS6s at 86cm high, if my maths is correct.

However, ear/eye height depends on the height of the chair or sofa and whether the cushions are lower than others. Generally speakers are voiced for the optimum sonic effect, which is around those specs.

Not from images I have seen. They are similar to Heybrook HB3, and they were standmounts on a metal stand approximately 5 inches high....
i agree the blurb says floorstanding but I assume couches w ere lower in the sixties or they assumed you were sat on the floor man!.. :cool:
I don’t recall that. You’re not thinking of the big Spendor, the BC3?

The Ditton 66 is 40” tall, or just over a metre which today is pretty typical of a floorstander. Still, we only had about 20 posts speculating about stands for them!!

Last edited:
@Al ears Or these IMFs?

View attachment 4493

PS. Found a used set of 66 on eBay sitting on stands. Don’t look original but could be my memory. Also saw Ditton 25 mark 2 which I’d never heard of, and are just like 66s. So my Celestion knowledge isn’t what I thought!
i am sure we cannot remember all those speakers that came along back then. The speaker stands you saw on eBay might very well have been original optional extras. My HB3s were a similar size to the IMFs and had similar stands
I don't think it's so much abo the height of the speakers it's the position of the treble unit within them.

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts