Copying music to pc via external hifi CD player.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a colection of approx 300 cd's which I have copied all to my PC. The quality of some of the recordings are disappointingly poor as they suffer from excessive jitter and so on.

Is it possible to record my collection via an external source such as my Marantz DV4100 and retain all the track and artist data?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, you could try to find a soundcard with a digital input, to which you could connect your DVD player's digital output, but I'm not confident the text data would be carried over if you could make such recordings, or indeed that the usual online databases would recognise the resultant files.

Quite apart from that, I think there's a lot more potential for jitter using a DVD player for this purpose and then running it through an external digital link.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to jump in here, but which CD Audio extractor are you using on your PC? There are many around on the Internet and all vary with the quality that they extract the audio from a CD. By quality I mean whether there area any skips or jumps in the resulting audio file. I would personally recommend ExactAudioCopy (EAC), Google is your friend.

Also, the particular DVD-ROM/CD-ROM drive you are using also makes a big difference as some are far better than others at extracting audio - there is a large amount of reading material available on the web should you have the time.

I hope that this is of some help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts