Converting US components

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
In my dreams I often think about the various upgrades I could make to my system. Unfortunately funds do not allow me seriously consider anything significant. Searching for (probably non existent) bargains elsewhere, I often check out products from the US, but wondered what conversion issues these components present. For example, the two pieces of kit that are currently whetting my appetite the most are an upgrade to a Bryston 3 or 4b, and a mains conditioner such as a Isoteck mini sub.
As I've said, they are pretty pie in the sky plans at the moment, but if a bargain from overseas was to present itself, would it be more trouble than it's worth?
Thanks.
Paul.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Problems you could face are paying import duty,getting an item serviced should it go wrong and also exchange rates for the £ are terrible at the moment which might make something not so much of a bargain.

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
Very good points and certainly something that I had considered. You know what it's like when you get that itch to upgrade but just can't afford it!
A nice 3b has come up on ebay for a decent price. No doubt that will change soon and rocket out of distance.
It's good dream though!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts