Controlling Volume With Sonos

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I've been trying to figure out a way of remotely controlling volume with a headphone set-up. Most amps do not have a remote. I'm interested in a Sonos to stream my music though for some reason I never thought that it controlled volume. Was in my local Richer sounds over the weekend and the guy was showing me some of the Sonos features. It controls volume through the remote. Would this be an effective way of controlling volume? Setting the headphone amp to a set volume.

Would this degrade sound quality?

PEAYEL

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
It is fine. I listen most nights on headphones and also quietly, whilst reading in bed. It works perfectly, even with my Grado H/P i can't hear any loss of quality.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
eggontoast said:
harveymt said:
Only when you get below about half volume as you lose a bit. Whether you can hear this or not is going to be subjective.

I think it's a bit lower than that before it starts interfering.

Shouldn't be an issue though, you should be able to balance the Sonos volume and headphone amp volume to give you a usable volume range without dipping into that region of the Sonos volume range.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
eggontoast said:
harveymt said:
Only when you get below about half volume as you lose a bit. Whether you can hear this or not is going to be subjective.

I think it's a bit lower than that before it starts interfering.

Shouldn't be an issue though, you should be able to balance the Sonos volume and headphone amp volume to give you a usable volume range without dipping into that region of the Sonos volume range.
That's what I do, I have never noticed a drop in sound quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts