Connection nightmare! SACD and HDMI

nickers1969

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Right here goes! It's going to be a difficult problem to explain. SACD connection for my Denon DVD2910? I have an hdmi-dvi connection to my telly from my Denon DVD2910's HDMI out, with audio taken to my amp via digital optical cable. I have the only HDMI socket of my TV taken up with my Sky HD box, also with audio taken to my amp via digital optical. Can i hook up the 5.1 sound via analogue from my DVD to my amp and "source direct"? So that audio for movies and SACD are sent to the amp in this way? I think this will override the HDMI out from my DVD completely, including the video signal! Unless anyone knows otherwise! An option might be analogue audio out to my amp from the Denon, and video via component - however my Xbox 360 is using this!!! Is this solvable? Nickers

A

Anonymous

I have a Denon DVD1920 and this has a set-up option to output video via HDMI and audio via analoge and/or digital optical to my old Sony receiver. The only problem I get with this configuration is an annoying delay between the audio and the picture on my Panasonic LCD TV. I need a receiver with a lip-sync delay feature.

I borrowed an Onkyo TS-XR875 from Audio-T in Swindon a few weeks ago (thanks, guys) and HDMI 1.3a allowed me to take multi-channel DVD and DVD-audio down HDMI from the Denon DVD and multi-channel DVD and SACD down HDMI from a Playstation 3. There was a significant improvement in sound over the analogue outputs from the Denon DVD 1920.

Now, all I have to do is save up to buy the Onkyo :).

Does this help?

Kind regards

Ade

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Just been ploughing through the 2910 manual - it's been a while since I've used one - and it seems the video and audio can be set up independently. So you can use the multichannel analogue outs without losing the picture via HDMI.

nickers1969

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for this guys.
I'm going to try and set it up and see how I go.

I really hope it works because I love the DVD2910 but I've never tried the sacd function yet!

I'll let you know how i get on!

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts