Connection help?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Panasonic 42pz70 TV and a SCPTX5 home cinema system. I also have Sky+ and a PS3. I have connected the PS3 and the PTX5 to the TV with HDMI. The Sky+ is connected to the TV by SCART.

How do I set up the system so the audio from the PS3 and Sky+ go through the home cinema system?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi there - have to say, I'm finding it hard to find out details on the SCPTX5 - does it have an HDMI in and an HDMI out? If so, you can hook the PS3 up to the SCPTX5 via HDMI, then the SCPTX5 to the TV via HDMI and this should give you the PS3 sound out of the amp. You can then hook the Sky+ into the amp using the optical connection.

If it doesn't have HDMI in and out, you'll need to either hook the PS3 in using the optical and Sky+ in with standard audio phono leads, or you could get an optical switch box (like this one) which allows you to hook more than one optical connection into your amp. This is only really important if you listen to movies / broadcasts in 5.1 through Sky (which I'm not sure if they do on Sky+).

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, the SC-PTX5 has only one HDMI socket, to output to a TV, and only one optical digital input, so it looks like you'll need that switchbox to run digital audio from both PS3 and Sky.

BTW details not hard to come by - just download the manual from Panasonic's support site.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Just did a quick Google search and couldn't find anything specific. Don't know why I didn't think to go to the Panasonic site... too much beer last night me thinks
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks very much for the help. I'll set the connections up as suggested.

Will there be any A/V sync issues using these connections? Is there any difference using the audio out from the TV rather than the Sky+?

Best wishes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts