Connecting powered speakers to a Bluetooth amp.

Beaker

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
I bought my son a pair of Rokit 5 RPG 2 monitor speakers when he went to university a few years ago. Sadly my son recently died, and since then I have wanted to use his speaker in my office as a small remembrance of him. I have a Bluetooth receiver B428BL which I have some existing speakers connected to, and they work well. However, when I tried to connect the Rokit speakers using their RCA connector they don't play sound, but click regularly about twice a second.

I am clearly doing something wrong. I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me as I don't want my son's speakers to simply gather dust, or worse have to sell them.

Gray

Really sorry to hear about your son Beaker.
Of course you musn't sell the speakers.
Having looked at your BT receiver, you must have been connecting it to passive speakers.
It's not suitable for connection to the Rokit.
This is what I've got. It's nothing special, but works well and it would connect to the Rokit's RCA inputs:
This one is (over £100) more expensive, but would do those Rokit's more justice - and could even use their balanced inputs (with the appropriate lead):
I see the B428BL also had an aux input, maybe you weren't using it but note that the two above don't have aux in.

Last edited:

Beaker

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
Thanks Gray! If I need to get a new bluetooth receiver, or cables or whatever, I'm happy to, but as you say, I really don't want to part with the speakers.

Reactions: Gray

Gray

Thanks Gray! If I need to get a new bluetooth receiver, or cables or whatever, I'm happy to, but as you say, I really don't want to part with the speakers.
Just depends how much importance you place on the BT.
That little cheapie unit is more than good enough for me, as I only wanted it to take speech radio from my tablet.
But that Zen is probably about as good as BT gets (y)
Plenty in between of course.

Reactions: Beaker

Beaker

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi Gray,

Just wanted to let you know I got a reasonably decent Logitech BT adaptor and RCA cables. Sounds fantastic.

Thanks so much for your help.

You'll probably see other posts from me. Got to work out how my son had his microphone connected to his PC.

Thanks again

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts