Connecting Bluray to Hi Fi

cjscouse

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi my name is Clive, I have recently upgraded to a Bluray player and on trying to connect to my old 5 : 1 Hi FI found it would connect. Bluray has digital coaxial connecter and Hi Fi has AV. I bought an AV converter and connected everything up but got no sound from HI Fi, any suggestions at to what i am doing wrong.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
What are you doing wrong? Not telling us what your equipment is for a start, you really haven't given us anything to go on.

For one thing there's no such thing as an "AV convertor". Tell us EXACTLY what equipment you have, ideally with photos or links so we can see what your options are.

cjscouse

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I am trying to connect my Sony BDP S5200 Blu ray player to my Philips FW - P750 Mini Hi Fi system. The Blu ray player only has digital coaxial output and the Philips system only L R input.. i used to connect my old dvd player direct to the L R inputs. I purchased a Digital/AV converter( converrts digital to A/V signal) but I'm not getting any sound through the system only through HDMI to TV.

4Barry

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi cjscouse. It sounds as though you are trying to connect a digital signal to an analogue input. I'm not sure what you mean by a digital/av convertor - but if it doesn't involve a DAC then you are still going to be left with a digital signal. Solution? Get an inexpensive DAC (see Best Buys and Reviews on this site.)

I ought to point out that I'm not familiar with your specific equipment so, before spending any money, it might be wise to check with someone who is.

TRENDING THREADS