Connecting an ipod to a hifi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone. I would like to connect my ipod classic to my hifi. I have an Arcam CD 192 and an Arcam A85 amp. Not sure if it is possible with this kit. If it it is possible does anyone know what I will need to connect the ipod?

Many thanks

JP

A

Anonymous

The easiest / cheapest way is to buy a cable with a 3.5mm jack on one end and two phono plugs on the other.

A

Anonymous

Many Thanks "idc".

I have purchased some RA products before and have been very pleased with them, so have followed your advice and purchased the GQ-24 lead. It arrived today, only 3 days after ordering online, and what can I say.....I am really impressed with it, the sound quality is awesome!

Again Many Thanks

JP
emotion-2.gif

idc

Your welcome xheight. Thats four GQ-24s recommended and bought with positive feedback. Anyone from RA out there? How about a finders fee!

I am happy to keep on recommending this product as the ipod classic into Rega Mira with the GQ-24 was just as good to my ear as the Arcam CD62 (£300 in its aday) into the same amp. The GQ-24 in to the MF X-CANV8P is as good as and with lossless better than the PC into the same amp via its DAC playing Spotify. Only PC to X-CAN via Fubar DAC, whether playing Spotify or itunes is better than ipod and GQ-24 into the same amp.

idc

Big Aura, sorry! I deleted the GQ-24 from my signature as I ran out of characters (some people seem to get more than others, not fair). I suppose I have recommended them so much that a simple search would find the numerous posts covering them. If you hurry the RA sale is still on and you can get a bit of a discount. Hope that makes up for it!

Sliced Bread

xheight:
Many Thanks "idc".

I have purchased some RA products before and have been very pleased with them, so have followed your advice and purchased the GQ-24 lead. It arrived today, only 3 days after ordering online, and what can I say.....I am really impressed with it, the sound quality is awesome!

Again Many Thanks

JP
emotion-2.gif

How did it compare to your Arcam 192 cd player?

A

Anonymous

I would be interested to know the actual differences between the docks/connections.

I am looking at the iPod remote stand and a "brand name" connection

idc

Whatever product you use the best connection for sound quality is from the ipod's docking port on its base and not using the headphine jack on its top. I dont know much about docks, have a look on the website reviews. But with a dock you can charge the ipod at the same time as you use it. You can't do that with the likes of the GQ-24 cable or a LOD connector for the port connected to a suitable cable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts