How To Connect Schiit loki to Cambridge Audio amplifier

paspolc

May 3, 2021
Visit site
Someone can explain to me how to connect my schiit loki to the new amplifier, the cambridge audio cxa61, which I was about to buy. i currently own a denon pma600ne and the loki is connected to the rec output, but since the cambridge does not have a rec output as you can see from the picture, which output should i connect it to?

thanks to all those who can help me
Pasquale

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210505-102948_Amazon.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210505-102948_Amazon.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 10

insider9

Only way to do it is to connect whatever you want going through Loki to it and then connect Loki to your amp.

Edit
As long as your source has analogue outs and is not a turntable that needs phono stage. If it does put phono stage before Loki.

Reactions: paspolc

paspolc

May 3, 2021
Visit site
Only way to do it is to connect whatever you want going through Loki to it and then connect Loki to your amp.

Edit
As long as your source has analogue outs and is not a turntable that needs phono stage. If it does put phono stage before Loki.

Thanks. My turntable is a Denon dp300f. And, excuse me, im not too tecnical, to which output on the cambridge audio should i connect the loki, the Rca output?

iMark

I don't think the Loki will work properly with the CXA-61 since it doesn't have rec outputs. You could connect one source to the Loki and connect the Loki to the amp. Any of the inputs A1, A2, A3 or A4 will do. That's about it. You would also need a separate phono stage.

I suppose the idea of using the Loki is to route all inputs through the equalizer. That's not possible with an amp that has no rec output.

The CXA-61 is limited on inputs and outputs compared to the Denon PMA600ne.

Reactions: paspolc and Al ears

iMark

In another topic on the forum people are complaining about the bad sound of some modern LPs. That is indeed a problem but it has been as long as vinyl records have been around. When I started buying records in the 1970s we would sometimes wait for American or Canadian imports that allegedly had better sound than Dutch or German pressings.

If many records sound fine and some don't you could have some badly produced records.

In another topic on the forum people are complaining about the bad sound of some modern LPs. That is indeed a problem but it has been as long as vinyl records have been around. When I started buying records in the 1970s we would sometimes wait for American or Canadian imports that allegedly had better sound than Dutch or German pressings.

If many records sound fine and some don't you could have some badly produced records.
it's beginning to sound like this could be the case.....
If the effect is only noticeable on some records and not all it is not a failing of the equipment

paspolc

May 3, 2021
Visit site
it's beginning to sound like this could be the case.....
If the effect is only noticeable on some records and not all it is not a failing of the equipment
in fact most of my vinyls are all from the seventies, the new 180 gr. I'm buying now sound pretty good.

paspolc

May 3, 2021
Visit site
Do you mean music from the seventies or are the LPs actually that old, if so they could be badly worn down
In fact the old ones are pretty worn out, i used to spin them in a radio station when i was younger. As a matter of fact i'm buying again all led zeppelin, pink floyd etc collections.

Most of them, now that i remember, are deutsche print.

I was thinking to try the new amplifier, Cambridge Audio cxa61, and see if things change or improve.

Thanks for help.

insider9

Upgrading your amplifier will only show you more how worn the vinyl truly is. Is it worth playing these old worn records with your new cart? I appreciate it if some of them are of sentimental value or unique but otherwise if they don't sound good just don't play them.

paspolc

May 3, 2021
Visit site
Upgrading your amplifier will only show you more how worn the vinyl truly is. Is it worth playing these old worn records with your new cart? I appreciate it if some of them are of sentimental value or unique but otherwise if they don't sound good just don't play them.

could it also be that the Elac b6.2 need more power to drive them, and perhaps with Cambridge Audio they perform better? It's just an idea.

insider9

could it also be that the Elac b6.2 need more power to drive them, and perhaps with Cambridge Audio they perform better? It's just an idea.
If you were having these kind of issue it would not be only on older worn vinyl. I appreciate you're keen to upgrade and that's fine. I'm not trying to put you off at all. If you have the funds and the inclination go for it. But it's important you realise what you get for your money. If the source is sub par (worn vinyl) a "better" system will only amplify this resulting in a worse experience. The better the system the more you realise how bad some of the recordings truly are (worn vinyl or not).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts