How To connect my digital audio files on HP computer to my digital audio inputs on my vintage Denon amp?

Dougie

Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
I've got the Denon AVR3200. It's got "Digital In" channels. Is that the DAC? I connected the computer output to the speakers (green mini stereo plug split to two RCA plugs)and no go.

I've got a library of digital files on my Windows 10 computer and would like to connect to my hifi. any suggestions?

thanks in advance for any and all help!

shadders

Hi,
From memory, a PC (not laptop) sound outputs for digital is optical. As per Al Ears, seems you may be connecting the analogue output of the PC to the digital input of the AVR.

For digital, there is a single cable as it transfers both left and right channels down the same cable.

Regards,
Shadders.

Reactions: Al ears

jjbomber

Best solution is a Behringer UCA-222 from the computer USB, then an optical from the Behringer to the amplifier. Typically costs around £20, £15 on Amazon if you are quick, for the Behringer, optical depends on length.

Dougie

Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
HP slim Desktop 410-010 w/ Windows 10 1TB hard drive. It's several years old, but new motherboard in 2018. All it's got for outputs are the 3 audio outs, pink, green and blue. It's got HDMI going to the monitor and a bunch of USB ports along with a funny oblong port identified only by a tiny equilateral triangle.

nads

HP slim Desktop 410-010 w/ Windows 10 1TB hard drive. It's several years old, but new motherboard in 2018. All it's got for outputs are the 3 audio outs, pink, green and blue. It's got HDMI going to the monitor and a bunch of USB ports along with a funny oblong port identified only by a tiny equilateral triangle.
Then I would just use the HDMI to the AVR No to low cost and you can also do your movies etc,

Last edited:
Reactions: Dougie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts