Confusing Yamaha 1065 amp problem??

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Right then, here's one for ya!

Moved speaker placement without disconnecting any cables......tried YPAO set up and amo unit turns off 5 seconds into checking the front left speaker, checked all wires were not touching anything and tried again.......same problem......

then, spun Prometheus to find no sound at all from front left, ran YPAO set up again, test started front left (so it is connected) and unit switched off again at the same point.....

to add to this, I now can't get Dobly Digital from Sky (AV4 selected as previously) only PCM.......I have change nothing.....it was all ok the other day....

only change to the system set up is plugging the HDMI from amp into new GT50 plasma.....although the speakers and DD from sky were fine yesterday so I guess the only other thing I have done differently was YPAO

is my amp sick?

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi Nick, it is a bit strange.

A couple of suggestions for you to try. How about trying a different HDMI lead to the TV just to rule it out.

Also have you gone into the Menu on the amp & tried the manual setup option of sending a test signal / tone to each speaker? this may narrow down the problem of where the fault may lay if the amp suddenly switches off. If the amp does turn off unplug it then take everything except the speakers out of the rear, plug it back into the mains then run the same test tones to see if it still does it, if not keep adding bits until the problem re-occurs as a process of elimination.

Regards...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts