confused novice

jackteet

Apr 7, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I have an old samsung smart tv which dooes not have bluetooth. I am running an old pair of Sony MRD RF865 R h/phones. The tv built in speakers being terrible I wired in a pair of speakers. My h/phones are connected with 3.5mm h/phone jack plug and speakers with optical leads.
I have started looking for a replacement pair and am shocked at the number of bluetooth h/phones. I feel I am looking for something from the stone age. I just want a wifi pair that sit very neatly upon a charging dock and are connected by the use of my antiquated leads and plugs.
I am hard of hearing so good sharp sound quality is essential. I have looked at Avantree and Artiste at around £120.00 but neither jumps out shouting bye me, bye me.
I have looked at the Sony MRD-RF895RK which I assume is a better model of that which I already have. It looks good but amazon feedback is not that brilliant on the sound quality. That sells for around the £100.00.
I would very much appreciate opinions from anyone who has the Sony 895 or another set of h/phones with which you are delighted.
It would appear that my connection system can be used on some bluetooth h/phones but that is far too confusing for me. Many thanks jack

Gray

It would appear that my connection system can be used on some bluetooth h/phones but that is far too confusing for me. Many thanks jack
Would only be a case of plugging in a Bluetooth transmitter instead the FM one Jack.

Can understand you wanting to stick with what you know though - not least because you get no latency issues with FM transmission.
Might be worth looking at Sennheiser equivalents like these:
As ever, perhaps take reviews with a pinch of salt.
For example:
First review - 1 star, the worst headphones he's ever had.
Second review - 5 star, 'perfect for the hard of hearing'

Last edited:

jackteet

Apr 7, 2021
Visit site
Would only be a case of plugging in a Bluetooth transmitter instead the FM one Jack.

Can understand you wanting to stick with what you know though - not least because you get no latency issues with FM transmission.
Worth looking at Sennheiser equivalents (though they might cost more than you want to pay).
Hi Gray, Many thanks for that, food for thought.

Reactions: Gray

Jeff Watts

Feb 4, 2021
Visit site
I've added a Firestick to my non-smart tv. I already have Hiby R2 which has two way bluetooth. Now I can use any iem with a 3.5mm jack. It's so convenient and seamless.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts