Confused, but slowly understanding.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone, and thanks for a great site,

Question:

HD Ready.............

If I buy a 37" 16.9 HD Ready TV, with 1024x720 pixels

and I connect an HD scourse such as Blu-ray, and use the correct connections e.g HDMI

will I see this in 720p or 1080i or 1080p ?

Question:

With a screen size of 37" 16.9 is there a big difference in resolution between 720 and 1080 ?

Question:

With all the changes going on, and confusion about HDTV,HD-ready - HD DVD - Blu-ray, not enough programs

broadcast in HD, which size screen to buy, which resolution to get 720 or 1080, prices changing..............

would it be better to wait a year before buying and hope the market has sorted itself out a little, and is less confusing.

If I buy a TV now, I expect it to last at least 5 years, but is it worth the difference to buy full HDTV now which is

very expensive.

If I buy now and it is not full HDTV, and in 2 to 3 years time HD is widley available, TV broadcasts - DVD - gaming etc,

then I am going to loose out for a few years.

See the confusion.............

A

Anonymous

Q1 - you can't see more than your screen res so HD ready will not show all of the detail that is available. and HD ready screen has 720 vertical pixels so it will degrade a 1080p image so it can show it on the screen. The only other choice it would have would be to cut of about 150 pixels top and bottom. Full HD screens have a higher pixel density than HD ready screens so in theory can produce a more detailed image if the source is up to it.

Q2 - a bit - once you get down to 32 inch it's really marginal. at 37 inch you'd probably notice a little.

Q3 - the high end tellies will always improve but there are some great bargins to be had at the moment given the credit crunch, and you'll be trading in for OLED in 4 years anyway!
emotion-2.gif
. I think the confusion has sorted itself out already to a large extent. If in doubt get full HD - it's actually not that much more money any more and is as future proof as you can get at the moment.

I have both a full HD and an HD ready TV and you can't tell the difference with Std def or with DVD to be honest unless you really look hard at the screen but then both mine are 32 inch sets.

A

Anonymous

Stag:

Question:

With a screen size of 37" 16.9 is there a big difference in resolution between 720 and 1080 ?at normal viewing distances, on a moving picture, No.

If you sit right up close and freeze a frame you might see some extra detail.

A

Anonymous

Thank you both for the reply,

Welshboy, thank you for a detailed and helpfull reply. Going to go for Full HD now

Now I enter the world of choosing a new TV, wish me luck.........

Stag

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts