Confused about CD-player choice [:|]

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear Hi-Fi lovers,

yesterday I went to my 'local' HiFi shop to improve my CD playback sound with a dedicated CDP. Before that I made my shortlist with the WHF forums and reviews.

My shortlist CDP: Marantz 6003 or the NAD 515 now both for. € 299,00 in the Netherlands.

The salesman suggested the CA 340C (€ 249,00) would combine better with my current components receiver Yamaha RX-479 and KEF Q5.

Becouse I like a 'treblish soud', he also suggested that the CA-340A-SE would also give a sound improvement over my current Yamaha receiver.

Is the salseman right or is he trying to sell different and more gear than I need?[:S] Please share your thoughts.

A

Anonymous

Did the guy have the Marantz or NAD? I doubt that the CA340 amp will be a big improvement and I'd try to invest more in a really better amp. Some alternatives:

What are you using now as a cd source? If it has digital output a new DAC would be an option too, and an increase in your possibilities to play music. Especially since cd players are a dying breed ;).

Or consider a bd (multi-)player like the sony 370 just reviewed here (again if you do not like it you can add an external DAC later).

Groeten..

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Even a budget dedicated Stereo amp would sound much better than the HT amps costing 5 times as much. So the answer is yes, the saleman is right and you will be able to hear the difference.

I have Cambridge Audio gear and am very happy with it. I would also highly recommend Marantz and even Rotel. NAD sound is good but I have had issues with reliability.

Hope this helps and good luck

A

Anonymous

Hi Pete10,

the salesman had also NAD/Marantz/Rotel/Yamaha cd-players.

Now i'm using a sony bdp-300 as a cdplayer.

Hi kunar, My RX amp is indeed a stereo receiver, thats why I doubt a dedicated budhet amp as the 340se would give much improvement.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I would go for a Marantz CD6003 player. Amazing value for money.

I would stay away from NAD players. Not reliable at all....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts