conflict in my head..!

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, I'm now finally moved in to the new place and it's been damn hard work! anyway I have finally got the hi fi up but soon realised that there was no space to effectively put the speakers 3m or more apart so it's currently in one of the corners of the living room literally 1m apart- how very annoying, especially my turntable being so close :-( !! now last time we spoke I was very interested in valve and bookshelf speakers but not many people are keen to part exchange my equipment for something, I know now, more practical as most hi fi dealers want me to spend much more etc. So I'm pretty frustrated as the I'm not getting any enjoyment from my setup due to setup. And yes I dont have money to spend at the moment! Anyway, the other side of the lounge is filled up with the tv stand! arghhhh! Do I sell the hi fi completely via eBay etc and get something more practical? or do I get the tv placed on the wall, get rid of the tv stand and the effectively move the right speaker to the far right?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
yeah looks like putting the tv on the wall might seem the cheapest option indeed. I can get one online for £23 which looks pretty sturdy - will that suffice? selling the TV is not an option (good one though as mostly rubbish on telly anyway)......selling the wife (girlfriend) well that is an option! kidding of course.

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
gbhsi1 said:
selling the TV is not an option (good one though as mostly rubbish on telly anyway)......

another vote for getting rid of the TV. in a week time you'll not be missing it anyway. and you'll enjoy much more free time for more usefull things to do (like listening to music).

I'm not watching TV for some 4 years now. haven't been missing it for a single minute.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Would something like this work? ... hifi goes on the shelves beneath the TV and the TV gets raised up high enough as it were on the wall but without the faff of drilling holes and fixing brackets etc. Hopefully you'll then have space to place speakers either side, and turntable might fit also

product_112.png

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for all the ideas :) its made my mind more at ease! I think the stress of moving just reached its max when I wanted the hi fi to fit just perfectly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts