Condensation problem on KDL46NX703

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
[class="Apple-style-span"]On the 10th October in the morning I watched the F1 and then turned of the TV. My wife switched it back on at about 16:00 and came to tell me that there was a line across the screen.[/class]

[class="Apple-style-span"]I was working in another room at the time so I didn't pay a lot of notice, but when I finished and went to look there was what looked like condesation on the inner part of the front glass screen at the top just left of middle. It was about 12-14 inches long and 2 inches deep.[/class]

[class="Apple-style-span"]I wasn't sure what it was as it did not seem to be dispearing with the TV on which I would have thought it would. Next morning I looked and it had reduced a lot which proved it was condensation. I called Sony as I bought the TV in June but all I was told is that if a call was made by an engineer and the problem was not visible and he could not find a problem then I would be charged for the visit. She then gave me a call reference number to quote if it occured again.[/class]

[class="Apple-style-span"]When I got home that night it was totally gone and since then has not re-[/class]occurred, until today.

It seems that when we have the patio door blind open, sunlight is directly on the screen and where a shadow may also be across the screen. condensation forms at that point behind the front panel.

I will contact Sony again to have someone look at it as I can now see a mark where the original condensation problem occurred but has anybody else had this as I cannot be the only person whose TV is in direct sunlight at some time during the day. I previously had a 40W2000 in the same place for 5 years with out a problem

A

Anonymous

If i was you i would take multiple photos of the issue and then if they try and charge you for the visit show them the photos, its sods law that if you ask them to come, by the time they get there the issue wouldn't be visible

A

Anonymous

I've got the same problem down the right hand side of the screen this morning. My TV is the KDL40HX703. I had it about 2 weeks ago and phoned Sony who told me it would disappear and it did. I think that the sun shining on the screen causes the problem and after a day/night with the heating off. I too have taken photos.

Also, I get a flash & a cracking noise ever so often moving across the screen. This is only on a freeview HD channel.

I'll be phoning the Sony Centre tomorrow telling them that I am not happy. I want a new TV or my money back!!

A

Anonymous

Mine does disappear but my concern is that, as with any condensation on glass, it will leave water marks on the glass which the first time does seem to have done.

A

Anonymous

Hey guys.

When I first saw LCDS coming out with a plastic/glass panel in front of the LCD panel I got concerned about dust getting behind the panel and especially condensation as I get both these traits on my pc monitor (non branded cheapo jobby) which I can forgive but it is a different matter with your sets as you are payning a lot of money for these sets!! you need to return them!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts