Computer noise

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Currently running music from my PC headphone/speaker out to my Matantz amp and D=Diamond 9.1 speakers.

Noticed quite a bit of noise through the speakers when not playing music and volume is 1/3+

Been into control panel and selected 'no sounds'

Is there anything else i should be doing or is this just due to the PC and mass of cables in the vicinity?

p.s I will be getting a DACMagic. Will this solve the problem?

Thanks

idc

Chances are that it is caused by all of the electrical noise inside the computer. A DAC should help as it acts as isolation from the noise by doing the D to A conversion away from the computer. I also added a mains conditioner to the socket my laptop is plugged into to quieten things down even more.

A

Anonymous

Im also using a Tacima...TBH not sure wether is a conditioner.filer or what...was cheap, seemed worth a punt!

A

Anonymous

Cured this problem on my own PC recently by ditching the on-board sound for a modest X-fi card. It sounds far better as well. The problem for me was computer 'thinking noises' caused by on board interference/feedback.

A

Anonymous

Googling X fi shows it to be a new soundcard??

I think I'll just wait until I get my DAC as I'll be using the USB to output which will hopefully solve the noise issues.

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Black Knight:
Googling X fi shows it to be a new soundcard??

I think I'll just wait until I get my DAC as I'll be using the USB to output which will hopefully solve the noise issues.

Yep no point getting a new soundcard if you're getting an external DAC

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Creative X-fi Soundblaster sound cards have been on the market for some time. I have one (Extreme Gamer). I use it to provide an optical out from my PC. It doesn't do any processing of the signal as such but does provide a driver which supports WASAPI.

Some prefer optical connections over USB as it provides electrical isolation between the computer and the DAC, reducing the potential impact of noise, ground loops, etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts