complex set-up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone

I'm planning on buying a Beresford Caiman as a DAC and Headphone Amp for my Sennheiser HD650 .

Could that Caiman also be used as a DAC between a SkyHD and a Onkyo TX-NR 905 to improve the audio from the SkyHD box ?

And if so , what would be the cabling ?

Thank you

B.

idc

Hi B. Is your priority the headphone amp for the Senns or the DAC for the Sky box? You can get headphone amps with DACs as well as DACs with headphone amps like the Caiman. In either case it is a digital cable from Sky box to DAC (not sure if it is an optical or coax digital out from the Sky box) and then phono (RCA) interconnects from DAC to the Onkyo.

A

Anonymous

Hi IDC . Priority is music through DAC , amp and Senns . But if it can be used to improve the SkyHD sound , that would be a nice plus .

From what I read , the Headphone amp part of the Caiman is rather good .

So SkyHD > DAC > Onkyo for AV and PC > DAC+Headphone Amp from the Caiman > Senns sounds appealing if the DAC is improving things in AV .

Any other DAC and Amp you would think about ?
Thanks

B.

idc

I would post another question asking specifically is the Caiman or another DAC going to be an upgrade or even worthwhile when connecting a Sky box to the Onkyo.

Depending on the answers, then post about a headphone amp/DAC. I would say Firestone Audio would be worth looking at there.

Your post title of complex set up question is a bit off putting.

A

Anonymous

Yes , I know
emotion-1.gif

I was even wondering if that post would belong to Hifi or Home Cinema .

From what I have seen at the Bristol show , Hifi and AV people are different animals .
If you put headphones anoraks in the equation , that makes it rather " complex " .

Hence the title
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

So I will follow your advice and start a new post .

Thks , idc .

TRENDING THREADS