Complete new set up - help needed!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi

I am looking for some advice on what parts/system/setup would work best for me. I am starting completely from a fresh so any advice would be appreciated.

These are my requirements

- 2 speakers

- amp

- ipod dock

- tv/playstation going through amp

I am looking to do this for around £500.

Thanks

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Are you bothered by number of components? You could probably do everything you want through a good hi-end dock (B&W's Zeppelin Air for example). Only issue would be with integrated speakers, stereo seperation isn't gonna be the greatest.

You could go the micro/mini-system route, but this will most likely have CD and FM/DAB too, which may or may not be of any benefit to you. One advantage is many of the established micro systems allow purchase of the speakers separately, so if you wanted floorstanders you can mix 'n' match.

Going for separates is gonna push your budget unless you're happy to look at second hand gear. This route will ultimately bring greater quality though, and will allow you to upgrade individual components over time instead of just junking the lot when you want to 'move forward'.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the responses.

I was ideally looking for seperates so I could upgrade components over time.

My initial thought was:

speakers £150 - 200

Amp £200

then another £100 for an ipod dock and cables etc.

Would this only get me a poor system?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

stripes22 said:
Cheers for the responses.

I was ideally looking for seperates so I could upgrade components over time.

My initial thought was:

speakers £150 - 200

Amp £200

then another £100 for an ipod dock and cables etc.

Would this only get me a poor system?

Cheers

i'd go 2nd hand but nearly new if I was you. You could pick up last model versions e.g. Marantz 6003s, Pure i20 dock and possibly new speakers Q2010 or Q2020.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts