Complaints About The Hot I Pad 3.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
Right !

Back to the hot iPad issue.

I asked a guy at work who was using one of these new models yesterday morning. He said it got a liitle warm in the corner, but it wasn't hot. He'd been using it intensively since he collected his on Saturday morning.

Still, all the reports suggest something is going on, even if the story has got out of hand. So I was prepared to reserve judgement and follow this issue for a while.

I happened to be passing my local Apple Store early yesterday evening and went in to have a look at the new iPad. They must have had 20 or more running.

Apart from checking out the new screen and general performance, I made a point of feeling the back for excessive heat. Although the corner area was slightly warm, there's no way I could describe that as hot. I checked several of them out and they were all the same, just mildly warm and far cooler than my Windows 7 laptop or my daughter's MacBook Pro.

These display examples had been running all day long and hoards of people had been using them, testing them out and even playing games on them.

So unless the Apple staff are going round every half hour and swapping them over and putting the hot ones in the freezer for 30 minutes to chill down, then this is another story, like Antenna-Gate, that has been blown out of all proportion.

No doubt if you use the iPad inside a case with the back enclosed, or have it on your lap all the time, then the back will quickly get hotter.

It's an issue that would affect all sorts of electrical goods in the same way and not just limited to this particular device.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts