Competitions

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

There seems to be a new method of entering competitions where you just click enter and thats it, trouble is how do you know if you've entered as there seems to be no confirmation.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
When you select your answer and click on the Enter button you should get a confirmation saying "Your entry has been successful". Did this not happen? Do let me know.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough:When you select your answer and click on the Enter button you should get a confirmation saying "Your entry has been successful". Did this not happen? Do let me know.

Andy- it does happen but it reverts to the same screen with the successful text lower down and quite small so easy to miss.Might be better to come out as a different page with a back to prev page option.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi Andy, I have just entered and did get confirmation the did also revert to the enter comp page with the successful sentence at bottom of text it also showed what I had chosen. but the enter button was still live does that mean I could have entered again and again etc or are we limited automatically to one entry each? thanks for your time.B.T.W Hope the show goes down a storm for you guys deserve it!!!

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Yeh Yeh Yeh.canny scot that you are JD.Got rid of the builders yet or are you still in storage territory?btw saw you mention your job earlier really hope you ride out the storm John good luck buddy.

John Duncan

No, the builders are still in. The 4.5-week job has turned into a 5-so-far-and-two-more-left kind of thing. Bl--dy good job they're doing though.

And thanks - does look as if it's coming to and end, though I'm a contractor and this has been one of my longest, so can't really complain. Rubbish time for finding work though.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Another competition i cant enter........................do i have to be resident in the UK to visit the WhatHiFi Show
emotion-12.gif

A

Anonymous

Exactly, the idea of having an internet-competition restricted to only one nation is really not what the internet is based on. If you do so, then at least please be consistent and close your website for all non-U.K. residents. It really pisses me off...

A

Anonymous

antipode:Exactly, the idea of having an internet-competition restricted to only one nation is really not what the internet is based on. If you do so, then at least please be consistent and close your website for all non-U.K. residents. It really pisses me off...

So you'd rather not have access to the up to the minute reviews and news....as well as a genial and informative forum, just because you can't enter a competition or 2 ?

The phrases 'cutting your nose off to spite your face'... or 'throw the baby out with the bath water' come to mind.

A

Anonymous

Torres09:Another competition i cant enter........................do i have to be resident in the UK to visit the WhatHiFi Show
emotion-12.gif

Only whilst at the show
emotion-2.gif

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
I did try again but it said I'd already entered so Ok on that.

I didn't see any confirmation though. I'm using IE 7.

I've also updated my email address since entering so I'm hoping you don't miss me if I'm lucky, would be a nice Christmas present. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts