Competition for Dali speakers

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Andrew - as an employee of Haymarket, you really shouldn't be entering those competitions!

emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I searched for "Competition" on the Home Page an hour and a half or so ago and it came up with an error and saying contact the administrator. I didn't bother as I was sure I had entered this competition.

Now if I search for "Competition" on the Home page it comes up with 166 results, none of which look like any sort of competition to be entered! The first 20 hits are all reviews. "Dali Competition" receives 199 hits...none are the mythical current competition.

If I refine the search to "Competition" and search in "News" only...it still comes up with 166 resluts and the first 20 are Reviews. And who would believe it, this is identical to the first search without specifying the "News" section only.

Is the Search facility in the Home Page currently experiencing issues or is it just not up to much?

I have also spent 15 mins scouring the site and have finally came across a competition page tucked away in the About Us section. If there are no entries, do you guys get to keep the goodies??

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We get thousands of entries to every competition (typically 5000+) and you're right, the Competition link is in the About Us section. I realise this isn't entirely obvious, and can be difficult to find, which is why (normally) the latest comp is flagged up in the carousel on the Homepage so it's easy to find.

It just so happens we've had a very busy news day today, with lots going on, so I've used the carousel to flag up some other stories. But I'll put the competition back in there on the Homepage before the end of today so it's easy to find.

And no, we don't keep the prizes! The last couple of competitions we've published the list of winners on the site, as members asked us to do, so they definitely get handed out.

A

Anonymous

Big Aura:

your search returned 166 resluts??!

Didn't your mother ever warn you about searching for them?

I honestly can't think of any good reason why I made that typo. Freudian slip perhaps? Force of habit? Please be generous and let's just agree that I am plain old stoopid!

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Acciesboy:

I searched for "Competition" on the Home Page an hour and a half or so ago and it came up with an error and saying contact the administrator. I didn't bother as I was sure I had entered this competition.

Now if I search for "Competition" on the Home page it comes up with 166 results, none of which look like any sort of competition to be entered! The first 20 hits are all reviews. "Dali Competition" receives 199 hits...none are the mythical current competition.

If I refine the search to "Competition" and search in "News" only...it still comes up with 166 resluts and the first 20 are Reviews. And who would believe it, this is identical to the first search without specifying the "News" section only.

Is the Search facility in the Home Page currently experiencing issues or is it just not up to much?

I have also spent 15 mins scouring the site and have finally came across a competition page tucked away in the About Us section. If there are no entries, do you guys get to keep the goodies??

You can also click on "sitemap" at the bottom of the page and then scroll down to "whathifi Competition" near the bottom.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts