Question Compact integrated stereo amp for PC and vinyl

dANii

Jan 28, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

First of all, English isn't my first language so excuse me for any misspellings.

I am looking for a compact integrated stereo amp, for desktop use with my turntable and PC (usb). I would also like to have the ability to add a subwoofer.

My speakers are the Klipsch RP-400m and my turntable is the Pro-ject Debut III S audiophile (with pro-ject phono box s2).

I was looking either at the NAD D3045 or the PS Audio Sprout 100.

My only concern with these amps is that they might underperform on their inputs, given it's all cramped in one small box and corners were cut one way or another. I would not mind buying a separate amp and DAC as well if this will give me more quality. An all in one solution isn't a must, but a compact size would be very welcome.

Max budget is around $1000.

Thank you guys!

Last edited:

iMark

If the choice came down to the NAD and the Sprout I would choose the Sprout. I wouldn't be too concerned about the small box if it's for desktop listening.
If the phono stage in the Sprout is any good you could even sell the Phono Box S2. I would definitely try the Sprout. It seems to tick all your boxes: phono stage, USB and subwoofer connectivity.

The NAD supports MQA and I would never buy any equipment for which I had to pay for a licence that will go to the MQA audio snake oil people.

TRENDING THREADS