Comments of system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys

After a while being away from seperates I went into the loft and cobbled some hifi together and would appreciate comments on the system and/or upgrade path.

I managed to find a marantz PM66SE amp and coupled it with a marantz CD67 mkII. Speakers are Monitor Audio RS1s, although I have a pair of Ruark Prelude 2s in the loft not doing anything. Speaker cable is Chord (bi-wired) and Van de Hul Interconnect.

I know very little about the amp and cd player although they sound pretty goof from a first listen. What I would like to do is buy a stonking set of floor standers that would go with this system and then upgrade amp, cd so I can eventually have a great system.

Like I say comments and advice appreciated

A

Anonymous

Depends really... What do you expect to budget for each component? £700 each?

A

Anonymous

I would recommend doing the amp and speakers at the same time for matching reasons. If you like the RS1s you could try the RS6s or add a sub to what you have. Not sure what the CD67 sounds like, but my old 67SE sounded quite soft. In which case you could try it with the Roksan Kandy and Cyrus 6 amps with RS6s. But beware when you change your CDP in future as you need to plan ahead a bit...

Good luck!

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys

Thanks for the comments. In the end I decided that the Ruarks were too expensive to be in the loft and went and splashed out on a Naim CD 5i and Nait 5i integrated. The Ruarks sound great on the end of them, although I have not heared anything else to compare with them. Changed the speaker cable fron Chord Rumour to Niam own and went back to single wiring them in with bridges which improved the sound again, quite surprisingly! Just need a decent stand to put the gear on and not the Argos one its on now. Can't run to Naim own but I will need something decent for the job.

Anyway just thought I would give you an update

A

Anonymous

[quote user="shari"]
Hi Guys

After a while being away from seperates I went into the loft and cobbled some hifi together and would appreciate comments on the system and/or upgrade path.

I managed to find a marantz PM66SE amp and coupled it with a marantz CD67 mkII. Speakers are Monitor Audio RS1s, although I have a pair of Ruark Prelude 2s in the loft not doing anything. Speaker cable is Chord (bi-wired) and Van de Hul Interconnect.

I know very little about the amp and cd player although they sound pretty goof from a first listen. What I would like to do is buy a stonking set of floor standers that would go with this system and then upgrade amp, cd so I can eventually have a great system.

Like I say comments and advice appreciated
[/quote]

Hi m8 sounds like you got a bit of an aladdins cave as a loft. I wish I had a loft like that

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts