Coming soon to a system near me... Rubies

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 108165

Wrote an email to Sevenoaks on Wednesday to see if they could intercept my order and get it delivered to my home address... no reply yet. With the current branch closures it's probably sitting in a warehouse somewhere gathering dust. Their online store is still open.

D

Deleted member 108165

Did they respond Doug?
They did indeed... DPD tried to deliver today but I was at work so they're sitting in the local warehouse waiting for me to collect. I cannot fault Sevenoaks as they have kept me updated me at every stage.

Looks like I might have some new toys to play with over the Easter weekend :) I'm trying to play it down a little in the significant upgrade stakes so I'm not anticipating too much of a difference in SQ or overall presentation, (whilst secretly hoping I'm wrong ;)). Will be good to compare the outgoing boxes with their replacements.

Only bummer is that I've also got to try and get some shopping in too as I haven't been to the supermarket in two weeks and I'm running short of essentials so that's one day out of my weekend :( Buy hey I'm British and we just love to queue :)

Reactions: Gray
D

Deleted member 108165

No new toys this weekend... Can't collect from DPD depot due to the current social distancing restrictions. They will only deliver to me, a neighbour, or a safe place (at my own risk). They could put them in my back garden but I'm not prepared to take that risk. Looks like they'll be keeping them for another 12 days until my next day off work :(

D

Deleted member 108165

Don't get on with your neighbours?
Strange bunch where I live Al, we pass the time of day but never really get to know each other well, plus most of them are out during the day and DPD seems to cover my area mid-afternoon. I do have a nice lady next door to me but she is in her 80's and I wouldn't want to expose her to any risk unnecessarily... I can wait.

Reactions: Al ears
D

Deleted member 108165

They can't deliver to your workplace? Bummer...
In normal circumstances they probably would but I would still need agreement from Sevenoaks for this to happen, plus I think my company has recently withdrawn the facility for accepting personal goods at my workplace.

Strange bunch where I live Al, we pass the time of day but never really get to know each other well, plus most of them are out during the day and DPD seems to cover my area mid-afternoon. I do have a nice lady next door to me but she is in her 80's and I wouldn't want to expose her to any risk unnecessarily... I can wait.
Good point. Very considerate. I found DPD to be a pain as had to collect from their yard once, and that's 22miles away....
Worth waiting for

D

Deleted member 108165

What has always bemused me about delivery companies is why don't they reverse their routes each day? Day 1 start at point A, finish at point B; Day 2 start at point B, finish at point A. For shift workers such as myself this would be great as if I'm not at home on Day 1 I will be at home on Day 2. In this instance I am never home mid-afternoon, but I am always home mid-morning.

I'm sure they would connect more deliveries this way.

Reactions: Al ears

Gray

Bit ironic really Doug. I was recently thinking how delivery firms are finding more people home than ever before - which is no consolation for you.
Leave it in the garden? No thanks.
As for neighbours, I think you've described a common thing - you don't get to know each other these days.
(I was born in London (In the hospital where Bojo currently resides)....an area that's seen more changes than most in terms of neighbourliness!)
Patience (another thing of the past) is a virtue and yours is being tested. I know you're OK with it, but 12 more days....frustrating.
As Al says, worth waiting for.

What has always bemused me about delivery companies is why don't they reverse their routes each day? Day 1 start at point A, finish at point B; Day 2 start at point B, finish at point A. For shift workers such as myself this would be great as if I'm not at home on Day 1 I will be at home on Day 2. In this instance I am never home mid-afternoon, but I am always home mid-morning.

I'm sure they would connect more deliveries this way.
You know it makes sense but it appears many delivery when it's convenient to them and not the recipient.

D

Deleted member 108165

Update: Was told by the lady at the local DPD depot today that they probably won't hold it for 12 days, it would be returned to sender! Carded by DPD again today, (even though I requested revised delivery date), I guess this is so they can start the process of sending it back.

Major breakthrough, spoke to boss at work explaining situation and he's agreed that I can be late to work tomorrow as long as I make my hours up. Revised delivery is now tomorrow (y):cool:

Reactions: insider9 and Gray
D

Deleted member 108165

It's because couriers get paid by the ones sending not receiving. I'm sure they'd be more accommodating otherwise.
Most couriers are self-employed and get paid for each drop and collection. Parcel Force and Royal Mail just get paid a salary.

Gray

Update: Was told by the lady at the local DPD depot today that they probably won't hold it for 12 days, it would be returned to sender! Carded by DPD again today, (even though I requested revised delivery date), I guess this is so they can start the process of sending it back.

Major breakthrough, spoke to boss at work explaining situation and he's agreed that I can be late to work tomorrow as long as I make my hours up. Revised delivery is now tomorrow (y):cool:
Result! (as they say).
Happy Easter 🎵🎵🎵

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts