Come on Marantz ... please keep up with the times

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
:read:

Dear Jim,

Please could you fix it for Marantz to develope a stand alone DAC for this century, they managed it last century!

It's been 24 years since this beauty came out

http://audio-database.com/MARANTZ/amp/dac-1-e.html

Something Cute like this would be fantastic. I know there is DAC inputs in the streamer and Pearl lite but I have no use for these items.

I do hope Marantz come good.

yours Moon

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Clickety:

AE: Finally, Ken, it looks like just about every company is now offering a standalone DAC with computer USB inputs: have you any plans in this direction?

KI: As we've already discussed, network audio players are getting very popular everywhere, and since we introduced the NA 7004 we've had quite a good reaction so far.

On top of that, AirPlay is getting very popular as well, which is why we provide it on the NA 7004 and some other products.

The combination of convenience and performance to satisfy today's customers will be the key to success.

While I can't currently tell you in what form we will develop products to satisfy those needs, one thing is for sure – we'll always come up with Marantz products!

Amyl Right Mate

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
moon said:
Please could you fix it for Marantz to develope a stand alone DAC for this century, they managed it last century!

I don't think that is a DAC in the Digital to Analogue Converter sense inspite the confusing name.

I think it's an analogue pre amp with some sort of digital gain control or something... The translated description is quite confusing.

Would be interested if anyone can shed anymore light on this. I agree it's pretty, whatever it is!

moon said:

Dear Jim,

Something Cute like this would be fantastic. I know there is DAC inputs in the streamer and Pearl lite but I have no use for these items.

yours Moon

Hi moon

Yes, i also hope that Marantz bring out a dedicated DAC because they've produced excellent DAC's in the past. CDA-94, DA-12 and Project D1 8)

I've got a CDA-94 and it is superb :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

why worry about Marantz? I tried an 110 W by 7 channel Marantz home theatre reciever plus their $500 (US $) blu ray player recently and returned it the next day: very undynamic boring sounding bass, very low amounts of harmoonic detail, sounded like a $200 Pioneer or Sony, therefore: get a DAC elsewhere

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
:
paulwelch250 said:
why worry about Marantz? I tried an 110 W by 7 channel Marantz home theatre reciever plus their $500 (US $) blu ray player recently and returned it the next day: very undynamic boring sounding bass, very low amounts of harmoonic detail, sounded like a $200 Pioneer or Sony, therefore: get a DAC elsewhere

Good for you Paul :wall: , really constructive. If you hadn't noticed, I like Marantz gear. So whilst I can look elsewhere( Cambridge/ Rega.), I am hoping for the above to happen, and won't make a move till then.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
::
MUSICRAFT said:
moon said:

Dear Jim,

yours Moon

Hi moon

Yes, i also hope that Marantz bring out a dedicated DAC because they've produced excellent DAC's in the past. CDA-94, DA-12 and Project D1 8)

I've got a CDA-94 and it is superb :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Well if they do, please stock them!

:pray:

regards.

moon

[EDITED BY MODS: No trading, please]

A

Anonymous

BIG fan

of Marantz for years/decades I am very interested (dreaming) too in a modern dedicated DAC from Marantz with USB/firewire input, would love to have such a unit one day (not 2025!), a solid performer DAC on 16/44 and would be even more impressed if its performance is at least on par with sa11s2 (why not even better !!!) for say around 1500/2000 usd 8) :pray: (too many wishes)

not just an average DAC (sound wise) , like the USB inputs they been lately implementing in their budget models (just to count as an INPUT for WAV or shitty MP3 playback) nor the spdif/coax inputs on sa15s2 or ki pearl cd players (OK i see some movement in that department FINE, BUT>>>>>>>>>

since 2004/2005 its the lossless revolution and it;s more aparrent these days , THIS IS THE DECADE OF THE DAC AND LOSSLESS PLAYBACK and FLEXIBILITY (2010-2020) someone like it or not, lossless downloads services emerge more and more (FLAC, DSD, DXD, 24/192, 34567/23445556 and so on...............etc.etc

then WHY THE BIG GUNS LIKE MARANTZ OR DENON ARE STILL WAITING ?????!!!!!

in my opinion producing such a piece of DAC in their line would affect the sell/profit of their cd players (no matter what price range and class)

and offcourse they dont want that (for example their ki pearl 30 aniversary components are selling far from GOOD its obvious with so many second hands units on the market!!!!!)

imagine DAC on par with sa11s2 or better that costs 1/3 of the price of sa11s2 ( please somebody borrow me at least 3 layers of extra quality first class WOOL!!!!)

my research and personal experience says recent years cheap DACs give very close perfromance for much less money :wall: then their reference cd players and at the same time FLEXIBILITY

sooner or later they will have to pull the trigger.........and they are already very late

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
alien123 said:
my research and personal experience says recent years cheap DACs give very close perfromance for much less money :wall: then their reference cd players and at the same time FLEXIBILITY

That's not been my experience, cheap DACs are no better than cheap CDs.

I've heard a few budget DACs and I wouldn't think of using any of them to try to "improve" the sound of a good budget CD player like the Marantz CD 6004.

All Marantz need to do for the CD 6005 to add some flexibility is add SDPIF input!

Squeezebox/streamer/PC + USB converter and you're good to go ;)

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
paradiziac said:
alien123 said:

That's not been my experience, cheap DACs are no better than cheap CDs.

I've heard a few budget DACs and I wouldn't think of using any of them to try to "improve" the sound of a good budget CD player like the Marantz CD 6004.

All Marantz need to do for the CD 6005 to add some flexibility is add SDPIF input!

Squeezebox/streamer/PC + USB converter and you're good to go ;)

well that would be a good start ...... come on Mr Ishikawa you know it makes sense. :wave:

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Clickety:

AE: Finally, Ken, it looks like just about every company is now offering a standalone DAC with computer USB inputs: have you any plans in this direction?

...The combination of convenience and performance to satisfy today's customers will be the key to success...

Reading betweeen the lines, perhaps it's Marantz' view that putting a computer USB input on a CD/standalone DAC doesn't offer a satisfactory level of convenience/performance? It's a lot of messing around to get a good sound out of a computer. Say users use really cheap digital cable or misconfigure their software, they will tend to think that their DAC sounds bad.

Easy to just put a USB input on a product (like Rega did with their DAC), but much harder to make it sound good and still be in the "budget" range.

It will be interesting to see how Marantz do respond...

Paul.

Clare Newsome said:
moon said:
well that would be a good start ...... come on Mr Ishikawa you know it makes sense. :wave:

Not sure whom Mr Ishikawa is, but perhaps he can give Marantz's Ken Ishiwata a call....

Apprently, he is a Goldman Sachs banker who did some wrong...

9781848310674_PI.jpg

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
moon said:

Not sure whom Mr Ishikawa is, but perhaps he can give Marantz's Ken Ishiwata a call....

Fair one Claire, it seems as though I have once again fallen foul of my iPads increasingly bizarre and erratic spell checking system. I was only one letter out. Not that that would please him very much! Helps if those letters are at least in the right order as well.

So apologies Ken,

Now about that DAC

Almost

A

Anonymous

:rant: :rant: :rant:

2013 is Marantz 60th ANNIVERSARY :clap: :rockout:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

A

Anonymous

something is cooking for sure and i dont even know what;s on the menu !

I WOULD TELL YOU BUT concentrating on the music alone, all my other senses and receptors are shutdown (for better fidelity ! 8) ) hence cant recognize by the smell what it is !!!

those who will survive the 2012 would be privileged to begin the new ERA with some special Marantz, out of the caves :?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts