CNOevil - you give me bad magic!!

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
In my desperate bid to justify my spend on the Rotel ra-1520 today I took my xmas money and purchased the Audioquest NRG-X3 power chord. Its all Superfi had in, Googled it in the shop general opinions are positive. had a demo on a ra-1520, driving a pair of Dali Zensor 5 (these little speakers can thump......) source a Cyrus 6xp .

in this demo the difference was dramatic between the standard cable of the 1520 and the AQ's on my system strangely not so dramatic. the dead thumping low frequencies of the Rotel is now gone, replaced with less bass (thumpy volume) but a bit more definition (tone controls not yet employed) the top end is higher - not sure if this is a good thing though as one of my complaints with this amp is the lack of weight in its delivery.

there is more air to the sound but the detail still is not there.

Anyhow will leave it on for a few days get those electron paths lined up, really starting to hate the Rotel RA-1520...... |(

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
You've made my new year!

:cheers:

Cno

That is so cold man.....

Anyways running Ray Lamonagne (cd) - Trouble at this time I'm listening to it all, cd and system. Currently resisting swapping the cables back and fourth.. lol.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Power chords are a rubbish upgrade - the Audioquest NRG-X3 sounds worse than the standard power chord on this amp, Its worse across the board. Every area that I thought needed to be improved was not. The difference was very noticble though to my suprise - more so than an interconnect.

just felt like sharing.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
Power chords are a rubbish upgrade - the Audioquest NRG-X3 sounds worse than the standard power chord on this amp, Its worse across the board. Every area that I thought needed to be improved was not. The difference was very noticble though to my suprise - more so than an interconnect.

just felt like sharing.

That's near enough what was said here: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-accessories/audioquest-nrg-3-94446/review

It wouldn't be my choice for a P/C.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:

just felt like sharing.

That's enough to generalize power cords are a rubbish upgrades? :quest:

In my case I found a good power cord made a subtle improvement on amp but made a terrific change when connected to phono stage for example.

Please try some of them before coming to a conclusion

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts