Clueless speaker cables??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I am start to set up my first surround system. I have bought myself a set of kef 3005se and I am going to buy a denon 1910 amp to go with it but what is confusing me is the cable for the speakers. Evey hifi I have bought in the passed came with the thin black and red cable but as I have found out things have moved on since then.

What is a good make of cable? I have around £100 budget but that doesn't mean I want to spend all of it.

Do I need banana plugs?

Most of the cable I have seen on the net is thick and a single cable. Does this mean that as there is a black and red connector on the back of my speaker I will need to buy two length per speaker. If I think of any more I will post

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

You will need 5 sets of speaker cable 2 for the right and left and one for centre and two for rear, as one cable has a red=positive and black neg.

For the front I would recomend qed xt silver anniversary and rears if its a distance away qed micro, as the rear can be quite expensive due to distance.

The fronts are most important and best to get the best you can, this is my set up and it sounds great.

Hope that helps

A

Anonymous

Honest feeling, from plenty searching around and the basic technical properties it wants

and idk how much cheaper you could get it, if at all... but would get on to an electrical/component supplier, public market for these things (read Marketplace, auction sites etc), or the likes of audiovisualonline that I see mentioned in places, and find some generic (or indeed particularly cheap branded), decently thick cored (afa your chosen terminations will take), moderately fine stranded, silver plated OFC copper speaker cable. Doesn't need shielding or anything. Likely wouldn't be missing out on much for it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip about Audiovisualonline they seem to be the cheapest so far.

And thank you for the tip about the mirco cable for the rear speakers. I have to buy quite alot for the rear as I have to run them around room and the door (misses will kill me if I lift the carpet) that will save me alot of money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts