classic hifi ....will history repeat itself ?

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Looking through the vintage knob website yesterday made me think that due to yamahas recent as series of amps whether history will repeat itself and we.ll start seeing other companies using vu and blue power meters again like pioneer and technics used to. The yamaha as3000 has large vu meters which look very classy .Will we see a return of the gold age of hifi ?

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Well , Audio Research , Luxman , McIntosh , Cayin to name but a few, plus loads of others have been using VUs for yonkers. I guess if a few mainstream brands ( read stuff sold by sevenoaks , lol ) start going down that route then others will follow. What goes around pretty much always comes around again.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
i do think they will also...if you look at the 70s stuff even the entry level models were built to last and used vu or power meters so maybe it wont be just the higher end companies like you stated but maybe the mainstream brands will follow suit. Saying that i do appreciate not everyones a fan of the retro look .

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
My favourite.......

jungson_ja88d.jpg

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
So any thoughts about what the defining look of the next 10 years of hi-fi will be? I mean, in the same way as Yammy and Pioneer came to define the look of the '70s. And is there any kit out there at the moment which is setting a trend for future looks?

I know what I like ...

Devialet170Remote.jpg

And also what I don't like ...

Red%20Ref%20MK3%20Stack%20WHT.jpg

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
My first real hi fi was a separate marantz system in gold

Wish I had orderd my latest marantz gear in sliver for more of that retro look but I just popped in richer sounds on a whim and bought it, they didn't even have a silver on show let alone in stock so I went with the heard and played safe!

Love silver gear with vu meters and blue backlights, looks cool.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts