Clare/Andy/Drew Sorry it has come to this

A

Anonymous

I'm sorry, too.
Go down and listen to it. If it sounds better, then it is better. You don't need What HiFi's approval, you can make up your own mind.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I was at the show and did hear the new Cyrus kit, but in an open demo space with people coming and going. I'll wait until we get a review unit in and can have a proper listen until we pass any judgement (as, indeed, should anyone!)

Not sure when our test models are due, but sure it'll be as soon as they're ready....

T

the record spot

Andrew Everard:Well, I'm not Clare, Andy or Drew, but I haven't listened to them, as I wasn't at the show where they were launched, but rather forum-wrangling.

And as if you'd want to be anywhere else...!!!

A

Anonymous

Im a Cyrus fan but Ive always felt that their pre-amps let the range down. ive always found better quality at same price point. I hope these new pres are better

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
The best cyrus preamp is the one inside the dac xp and i believe these new ones use that preamp and only the dac is inferior to the one in the dac xp.Ive owned cyrus original pre and a pre x and atm a vs2 and would place the vs2 preamp above the cooler sounding pre x.Another thing i find is that my vs2 preamp sounds much better though the tuner input than the cd input and runs my TVC close used this way.Im not sure if this will be the case with a pre x but give it costs nothing to try.
emotion-1.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Tarquinh:I'm sorry, too.Go down and listen to it. If it sounds better, then it is better. You don't need What HiFi's approval, you can make up your own mind.

Please don't attack other users.

A

Anonymous

Not attacking other users at all. The general point is that it's unwise to rely entirely on WHF reviews, which goes for all other magazines, forums etc. As you yourselves always say, it's your ears that count.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
When a user asks if we have any impressions of what we heard and you steam in with

"I'm sorry too. Go down and listen to it... you can make up your own mind"

I'm afraid that seems to me to be an attack.

A

Anonymous

Well, I don't agree and that wasn't the intention, but OK, it's not worth arguing about. I'll just refrain from making comments at dawn, as that's twice an early comment has got me in trouble.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

thfcwestlower:Im a Cyrus fan but Ive always felt that their pre-amps let the range down. ive always found better quality at same price point. I hope these new pres are better
Out of interest, what is a good, similarly priced pre? I'm sniffing around for something to replace my integrated (being used as a pre) and am considering passive as well as non-passive.

I can't even think of many good preamps between £500 and £1k (ish):
- Quad 99
- Cyrus PreVS with PSX (apparently brings it up to a decent standard)
- Conrad Johnson PV10 (used)
- Icon Audio passive (cheaper)
- Creek passive (cheaper)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts