Cinemoi to replace Sky Movies?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Hi All,

Was thinking of giving Sky movies the boot in the new year and replacing it with Cinemoi as I'm in to foreign language films.

Has anybody here got Cinemoi, and what do you think of it? Is it good value, or same films on heavy rotation?

Thanks in advance....

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I think I can say with some certainty, no-one like Cinemoi.

Certainly seems to be the case.

Anybody????

6th.replicant?????

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I don't think you can say that with any certainty, it's a fairly niche channel, most Sky customers probably aren't going to be interested and there wasn't any publicity when it arrived (that I can remember), I just found it on the EPG one day. I'm not surprised you haven't had any replies to be honest but that doesn't mean it's no good.

One thought though, it might actually be part of the Movies package, so if you drop Sky Movies you might lose Cinemoi as well, I don't really know though, just guessing.

Miggs

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
It just appeared a few weeks ago with our Virgin TV package. Looked at it a couple of times, looks ok if your into them sort of films. My dad watched a French film last week, thought it was great, don't know what it was called though.

Miggs.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

One thought though, it might actually be part of the Movies package, so if you drop Sky Movies you might lose Cinemoi as well, I don't really know though, just guessing

Thanks for your reply, but it's independent and not included in the sky movies package.

I think I might give it a go as long as there is no long term contract

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW:
One thought though, it might actually be part of the Movies package, so if you drop Sky Movies you might lose Cinemoi as well, I don't really know though, just guessing

Thanks for your reply, but it's independent and not included in the sky movies package.

It must be included in some package as I don't pay for it separately.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

So, do you not pay extra for this?

It's on my EPG, but when I go to the channel it says about subscribing to the service

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I'll give sky a ring and see which package it's included in

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW:
So, do you not pay extra for this?

It's on my EPG, but when I go to the channel it says about subscribing to the service

No I don't pay extra for anything except ESPN, for the money Sky get out of me each month I'd expect anything.

I suppose it's possible that Cinemoi was on a free preview on the day we happened to watch it, might be a bit of a coincidence but that could explain it.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Cinemoi is a 'premium' channel, which you subscribe to separately at £83.99 per annum. I guess you'd have to balance this against a subscription with LoveFilm, which has loads of foreign language films to rent at between £4.99 for two DVDs per month and £9.99 for unlimited rental (one DVD at a time).

morghini

Sep 14, 2004
Visit site
Hi sorry for the lateness of this reply, only just seen the thread.

I've been subscribing to Cinemoi for a good while now & have really enjoyed it, I don't have Sky movies as I couldn't see anything that I would ever watch. It costs me £10 a month, which for the quality of some of the films I've seen is reasonable value, but perhaps not exceptional value. It highlights have been seasons of Alain Delon & Romy Schneider, they show thrillers, comedy, documentaries etc

My only problem now is that I have a PS3 and have recently joined Lovefilm and I bet a good proportion of the movies that Cinemoi show "might" be available via Lovefilm (however could be wrong). Therefore I have 2 subscriptions going at the moment (1 for lovefilm & 1 for cinemoi) and if I absolutely HAD to drop one, then I'm afraid it would have to be the latter.

Overall I would recommend it.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

morghini:
Hi sorry for the lateness of this reply, only just seen the thread.

I've been subscribing to Cinemoi for a good while now & have really enjoyed it, I don't have Sky movies as I couldn't see anything that I would ever watch. It costs me £10 a month, which for the quality of some of the films I've seen is reasonable value, but perhaps not exceptional value. It highlights have been seasons of Alain Delon & Romy Schneider, they show thrillers, comedy, documentaries etc

My only problem now is that I have a PS3 and have recently joined Lovefilm and I bet a good proportion of the movies that Cinemoi show "might" be available via Lovefilm (however could be wrong). Therefore I have 2 subscriptions going at the moment (1 for lovefilm & 1 for cinemoi) and if I absolutely HAD to drop one, then I'm afraid it would have to be the latter.

Overall I would recommend it.

Thanks for the info.

Well I'm definitely going to drop Sky Movies anyway, don't watch anything really, apart from some classics in HD to see the improved picture and sound.

I've got a list of films to try from my "20 Great Foreign Language Films" post, so have been looking for deals on films on ebay and online retailers, buying, watching, then either selling or keeping them. I can usually sell them for similar prices to what I pay for them, so it's more work, but works out cheaper than Lovefilm etc. I've got around 25 unwatched DVDs/Blu Rays now, so I really don't need Sky Movies anymore.

Thanks again for your input

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts