Chunky Monkey cabinet is here.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I received some good advice on buying a cabinet from Ben K, he suggested Chunky Monkey and I couldn't be happier with the result, they can build anything for you out of your choice of wood, I decided to go with reclaimed oak and the pictures do it no justice!

A cabinet of similar build out of MDF and veneer goes for £1700, this cost £600.

imagejpeg

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
YES! I meant Ben Law not K oops!

I am so happy with it, if I can only get flickr to work on it, the image is not appearing!

Ok so I worked out that if you right click and press open in new window it works!

Paul.

duaplex said:

I am so happy with it, if I can only get flickr to work on it, the image is not appearing!

Ok so I worked out that if you right click and press open in new window it works!

In flickr, right click the image and click "veiw all sizes: 500". Once the image has loaded, right click the image and select "copy image adress". You need to use the image adress on the forum not the web page adress. Hope this helps :)

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Paul. said:
duaplex said:

In flickr, right click the image and click "veiw all sizes: 500". Once the image has loaded, right click the image and select "copy image adress". You need to use the image adress on the forum not the web page adress. Hope this helps :)

Indeed it has, thanks Paul I have now fixed the problem above :)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Can see the pictures now, looks superb, congratulations! :) It's great having something just the right size isn't it?

How do you find managing the kit heat with doors on the front and pretty close to the back wall?

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Boss. Those are blinds on the window at the back, as you can see I have no bay window left! Who needs sunlight when I can project a picturesque background on my TV.... :rofl:

Ben – It’s in a bay window, the unit slots nicely into the 155cm opening, its not as close to the wall as you think, it’s about a 1.5 feet away with a completely open back, the unit stays cool and no problems with heat, even with an overclocked PC.

Little history to the wood, it’s from an 1800's built hospital, taken from its fireplace and lintels above the door frames.

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Good solid piece of furniture there and as long as it houses all your kit, you must be well chuffed. Im not a lover though, their stuff looks a little rustic for my tastes. Good value though and better than any mdf/ikea type set up.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Love it.....has it made any sonic difference?

You know what, I was talking about today. I'm not entirely certain, my alphason stand was solid too with no rattle or play. The center does sound clearer with this stand, but that could be a placebo effect. I can tell you that I detect no vibrations, no distortion when the volume is up and no crackling sounds. All good :)

In review terms it would probably perform like a hifiracks stand, both solid in oak construction.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
woodster said:
Good solid piece of furniture there and as long as it houses all your kit, you must be well chuffed. Im not a lover though, their stuff looks a little rustic for my tastes. Good value though and better than any mdf/ikea type set up.

This matches our furniture and floor, but I hear you :)

For me this design is timeless and won't age as bad as a veneer covered piece would, but if your living room is modern looking then this won't do, however having said that, they can paint or veneer if you ask.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts