Chromecast issue

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
My Chromecast isn't behaving... One evening last week neither my Android phone nor table can "see" the Chromecast. When I switched to "Chromecast" input on my AVR, the Chromecast was linked to my BT Home Hub 3 and was displaying that delightful array of photographs of nice stuff.

I tried to reset the connection via the tablet and phone. Nether could find a Chomecast device (lovely pictures continued to flip on the display).

I pressed the reset button on the Chromecast and now it won't connect. I can "see" the Chromecast on the Android devices, but the BT Wireless Password input screen times out and it doesn't connect. I've re-set 5 times now, and nothing. On one of the reset occasions, it connected and worked for an evening. The next day, it was back to as per para 1 above.

My phone and tablet also sometimes "see" the chromecast as an independent wifi network and try and connect to it, rather than the BT.

Any ideas? Thanks

abacus

I had that problem recently when they upgraded the chromecast app to allow casting of whatever was on my tablet, (Its still in Beta mode) however by resetting my chromecast back to as new condition (Pressing the reset button on the dongle for more than 15 secs) and clearing all the data from the chromecast app (Goto Phone/Tablet Settings, apps) it now seems to have cured it.

NOTE: You will probably get a new number for the chromecast dongle once it has been reset and the latest software downloaded.

Hope this helps

Bill

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi Bill - thanks - unfortunately that didn't work. I'm on my 5th Chromecast number and no joy. Migrating to a new broadband supplier in the next few weeks, so maybe that will help...

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Last night I reset the Chromecast for the 6th time. Reset my router, then unplugged it for ten minutes, reinstalled the Chromecast app and that worked!

I've done all of these things independently but never together.

TRENDING THREADS