Christmas deals and sales

D

Deleted member 2457

Joe Cox said:
A round-up of the offers from the Audio T, Richer, Sevenoaks, Superfi and more... I fully expect gel to cover-off the likes of Amazon and Play!

Christmas deals

Will do my best, Boss. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Amazon has Boxing Day deals here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=gb_countdownright_link?_encoding=UTF8&node=118857031&pf_rd_p=457737567&pf_rd_s=right-top&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=3012216031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1T0A07RQPXWH8CF86Q9D

D

Deleted member 2457

John Lewis starts at 5 tonight:

http://www.johnlewis.com/clearance/c6000270062?intcmp=HP_tl_a_clereance_X231213

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
ClarkNovember said:
AV Bristol appear to be offering 25% off everything today only with code BOXING25. I've just used this for a Sonos order and it seems to have gone through: Sonos play 1 for £126.75.

nice one. I've just shared on another forum, and I'm about to try for Play 1 too.

Edit. Cheers just done it and got the play 1 for126.75 :)

ClarkNovember said:
AV Bristol appear to be offering 25% off everything today only with code BOXING25. I've just used this for a Sonos order and it seems to have gone through: Sonos play 1 for £126.75.

Apparently, they did a similar deal last year, and then cancelled all Sonos orders. Check comments here:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/25-off-sonos-with-free-bridge-deal-av-bristol-1770324

My brother-in-law ordered 2 X Play 1s, a Playbar & a subwoofer. Let's see if it works.

Sure enough, received this response from AV Bristol today:

9A8Dv8n5ubUSN2sW_ECSTtwJ3-qUHdDbEgpvjRBaiXFfmx6J0pi_sl0dl6OsZ27ixGqU58uOGulofhhryoFWp8-jsnJg6M4n36ZS60sDd-b7wGzOnDrRRwCgIn4APoJ68_8xF7M=s0-d-e1-ft

Hi,

I hope all our customers had a lovely Christmas and are all looking forward to the New Year?

We, like we do every year, placed a 25% sale for one day only (boxing day) to our newsletter customers only, this sale excluded many Brands including Sonos (see below newsletter attachment).

One of these customers thought it was a good idea to place the sale in the public domain online with http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/avbristol.co.uk but failed to mention our T&C which excluded the Sonos brand along with others etc ...

The result has been nearly 900 hundred orders for Sonos plus orders for other excluded brands, some of you have even thought that a free bridge will be included at a hugely discounted price.

It would be a shame to “turn away” such business and to disappoint many customers so we are currently in the process of contacting our suppliers to see if we can obtain a better price and to check that we can fulfil orders.

It may take a couple of days to resolve, if you wish for an immediate refund this is no problem whatsoever please reply and we will process this today.

If you are happy to wait to see how this is resolved please advise and we will contact you as soon as we possibly can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind Regards,

Jake Emsley

Managing Director

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
When you read the original notice. It does seem fair enough. I've decided not to take a refund yet and see what happens. They seem to be making some effort, even though it was the 3rd party on hotukdeals that posted incorrectly.

Live received this follow up email tonight.

Dear All,

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to our New and Existing customers over our ‘Sonosgate’ incident on our Boxing day offer.

For those of you who have requested a refund this was issued immediately without fail and should be back with you very shortly.

As a gesture please contact myself direct for all future purchases and I will be happy to offer you our “staff discounted” rates.

For those that are currently willing to wait on our suppliers response I am hoping to hear back from them late this evening or Monday. Once we have received a response from our supplier we will email you immediately with what we can and cannot offer you.

Also the same gesture is extended on the “staff discounted” rates as you have been very patience with us.

We look forward in trying to honour the deal, although this offer was not offered by ourselves and instead by a newsletter subscriber trying to be helpful.

If in the meantime I can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact myself or indeed one of the team and we will be happy to help.

Please have a lovely evening and weekend.

Kind Regards,

Jake Emsley
Managing Director

vpacalypse said:
Why did the AV Bristol website even process discounts on those forbidden brands.

A simple "voucher does not comply" would have saved a lot of hassle.

I think there's more to that. AV Bristol can go to the distributor & say that they have 900 confirmed orders for the Sonos, and negotiate a good discount from them.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
It will depend on the website back end in some cases. It is often impossible to offer a discount on some things and not others without spending days and days setting it up.

I was going to do a bulk offer on my website, but the practicalities just made it impossible, so had to bring prices down on each line for the sale.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Got an email today and they've offered discounts of 14%. Which is very good IMO. that is without the bridge, unless you are among the first 20 responders (as that's all they can get. Fingers crossed.

D

Deleted member 2457

On Groupon yesterday they had an iPhone 5c for £389, can't seem to find the deal now though. Anyone else find it? :?

ClarkNovember

May 24, 2009
Visit site
Well after a bit of a wait and a stream of emails, I am now in possession of a play 1 from AV Bristol @ a saving of £25. Not quite as good a deal as 25% off but still a good deal! I can't help but wonder if this was part of a cunning plan by AV Bristol to boost sales but I guess everyone's happy so who cares?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts