Chosing speaker cable, a little help please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have an Exposure XX integrated amplifier and B&W 685 speakers, also using Chord Company Crimson interconnects. This kit may all be described as "warm" and I love the punch, weight and dynamics of the sound and if anything could be said is that the combination is not the most detailed or is not the best in clarity. The question is, can I keep the characteristics that I love, dynamics, weight, punch and make it sound a little more detailed by phurchasing speaker cables that would bring out a little more detail and clarity?

In simpler terms, my choise is maybe between Chord Silverscreen XT or Qed Silver Anniversary. From what I read the Chords would fit the characteristics that I already have in my system so I thought the Qed's could bring out a little more of what I think is lacking. Am I thinking right? Will the Qed's affect the things I like in the sound too much or will it work perfectly? Or would the Chord's be a better option?

I would really apreciate opinions as I don't have the chance to test them one against each other to make my own mind.

A

Anonymous

how about the next step up the chord chain? I think its the rumour (or is it odysey) like the silverscreen but better so it should be best of both worlds.

A

Anonymous

I was thinking bi-wire, if I were to go for the Rumour in order to keep the price acceptable I would go for the single wire. Should I order matching jumpers, of the same cable?

A

Anonymous

If you want a livelier sound with more detail a silver cable would be good.

How about the silver high breed speaker cable? Sounds like just the thing to me.

A

Anonymous

JazzDevill:I was thinking bi-wire, if I were to go for the Rumour in order to keep the price acceptable I would go for the single wire. Should I order matching jumpers, of the same cable?it's open to debate if it makes a difference or not, i've not heard a difference with bi-wiring (at least i can remember hearing one), but if in future you may be wanting to bi-amp then it probably makes sense to get all the cables now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts