Chose to get ripped off on a Panasonic TX26LXD70 or wait?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After spending ages narrowing down the search for quality 26" LCD for the bedroom, finally got to the Panny LXD70 - sounds head and shoulders above the rest. Only problem now is John Lewis' price went from £499 to £649 from when I called on a Friday to see if Sheffield store had stock, to when I actually got the the store on the Monday! (This did include the 5 year warrenty.)

Question now is..

Should I just wait for the new Panny range due out in the few months? As it does seem the LXD70 is now a rare beast and everyone has put the price up!

Alternatively, does anyone know of a between 26" LCD than this?

Thanks in advice for any advise ;-)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
There does seem a shortage of this Award-winning set - even Panasonic's online shop is out of stock (even at £689...)

The next-best screen in our opinion is Sony's KDL-26T3000 (available for £499 or less), but it can't match the Pana for sound or features (such as 1080p support - if that matters to you). The Pana was the clear choice when we were judging our Awards.

If you really aren't desperate to buy, the new sets should be in the shops from March onwards - and we saw quite a few tasty sets of this size at CES.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
They are probably pricing things differently according to your postcode.

I had this problem recently while looking for new Bosch kitchen equipment on Comet. From home in Stoke Newington, Hackney I was offered 20% off. When I looked at the same pages from work the next day (Fulham, a more expensive postcode) the offer wasn't to be seen anywhere.

So I checked that night at home, and sure enough the 20% offer was still there.

Just confirms what I think about big retailers, they will charge as much as they can get away with.

PS Anyone selling a Bosch oven? ;-)

A

Anonymous

Hmm,

Firstly, thank all for such rapid replies!

Think I'll wait until March or so following Clare's pearls of wisdom regarding new sets at CES. Clare, I take it you guys will be busy as suppliers, especially Panasonic, get there new beasts out. Any plans to review new vs old?

I now live in hope and wait to find out which set to hunt down - and then hope JL offer a good price as the 5 year warrenty is so appealing!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="speedie_c"]
Clare, I take it you guys will be busy as suppliers, especially Panasonic, get there new beasts out. Any plans to review new vs old?

[/quote]

We'll continue to do regular TV tests with whatever's out there to buy - new or old - making it clear in our tests what generation each set is.

A

Anonymous

Or another option - Save a whole load of money and buy the 26LMD70 from Asda @ £350. They are an in-store deal only...

Very good sets - and you probably wouldnt miss the 100Hz so much on a 26"

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts