Chordette GEM help needed!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I am hoping there are some Chordette GEM experts here. I recently bought the little piece of equipment and while it seems to work well with my MAC, it doesn't seem to work too well with my PC. All the audio from my MAC (ITunes, you tube etc.) seem to be able to be wirelessly transmitted however I am unable to get the same results for the PC. I am hoping to be able to use ITunes to play music through the Chordette on my PC.

Any help would be much much appreciated!

Thanks!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I am going to hazard a guess that you have the latest OS-X on the Mac but XP on the PC.

Vista and OS-X 10.5 (Leopard?) both have native support for A2DP but XP and OS-X 10.4 don't....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A2DP#Operating_systems

Otherwise you should call/e-mail Chord for guidance. They are very helpful.

Also have you tried toggling the switch between Bluetooth -> USB then back to Bluetooth in between playing from the Mac and trying to play from the PC?

Do you have Bluetooth enabled on your PC?

*(Note for people other than the OP. Remember the Chordette Gem is Bluetooth A2DP and not 802.11x style wireless)

manicm

Chebby, are you saying that any Vista PC or laptop in my case with a Bluetooth adaptor will be A2DP compliant? I thought it's an adaptor issue and not an OS issue? If it's the former then I should be very happy! I have a Dell XPS M1530 lappie with Dell's own BT within. Nowhere in the manual does it mention A2DP though? Still true?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Don't know about yours but if I look here on my Dell laptop...

C:program FilesToshibaBluetooth Toshiba Stack

..I see TosA2dp so I assume you need to look for something similar.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I have bluetooth enabled for both PC and MAC and the PC is using the latest Vista operating software. Somehow it doesn't seem to work either. It works fine for the MAC though

A

Anonymous

An Apple Airport Express should be better suited to this application?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Eddie Pound:An Apple Airport Express should be better suited to this application?

Not if you want to use Bluetooth A2DP (the OP has a DAC that has USB and Bluetooth).

Airport Express is not the cure for everything. (It has 802.11x wireless and optical but no Bluetooth and it's USB is only for printing.)

A

Anonymous

...but WiFi is much greater bandwidth, and the AEX integrates seamlessly with iTunes.

The opticial output can then be used with a DAC or your choice.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Eddie Pound:
...but WiFi is much greater bandwidth, and the AEX integrates seamlessly with iTunes.

The opticial output can then be used with a DAC or your choice.

Maybe you are right (I dont know what the bandwidth of A2DP is) but the OP has a Chordette Gem and wants it to work on his PC as well as it does on his Mac.

I don't have a Chordette Gem (and even if I did it would be more for the 24 bit 96 khz USB and not for the bluetooth). I was just trying to find links that may help the OP.

I not going to try and argue a case for Bluetooth/A2DP vs Airport Express. It does not interest me. I am a USB DAC user (check my signature) and will take that path in future upgrades. (Benchmark, Musical Fidelity A1 or whatever).

Not interested in Bluetooth (or co-ax or wireless or optical come to that) Just trying to help someone who is.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
chebby:I am going to hazard a guess that you have the latest OS-X on the Mac but XP on the PC.Vista and OS-X 10.5 (Leopard?) both have native support for A2DP but XP and OS-X 10.4 don't....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A2DP#Operating_systemsOtherwise you should call/e-mail Chord for guidance. They are very helpful.Also have you tried toggling the switch between Bluetooth -> USB then back to Bluetooth in between playing from the Mac and trying to play from the PC?Do you have Bluetooth enabled on your PC?*(Note for people other than the OP. Remember the Chordette Gem is Bluetooth A2DP and not 802.11x style wireless)

I feel I'm really missing out on this new 'convenient' type of music replay. Hmmm, how do I open the CD tray again, oh yes I press the load button.

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts