Chord Qute

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

SteveR750

Shanka said:
Hi, If you are looking at streamers try MF Clic, from what I have listened to so far would be my choice if thats what I was gonna do. However I will add last night I was listening to my SBT, first time had a proper listen and was comparing it with my cd player, there wasn't a lot in it which is staggering. The price difference of £1200 and the Caspian knocked spots over every other cd player I listened too, no contest. Will be doing a few little tests over the weekend but the quality of the SBT is incredible esp. at the price, I am a convert. Good Luck with the search Steve, I have a NAD C370 turning up today, will be looking to see how it compares with my Alpha 9 which I love, FIGHT !!!

If you don't like the NAD then you can use it to heat your house, and still have some power spare.

If you can, then demo the NAD C390DD - I'd be keen to hear your thoughts. I think Andrew reviews if for WHF in the next edition (according to the NAD website anyway...) Unsurprisingly it gets a glowing review. I'm going to wait now until Roksan launches a similar power DAC+amp system comparable to the NAD and then stikc them in a room together until one emereges the winner.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
If you can, then demo the NAD C390DD - I'd be keen to hear your thoughts. I think Andrew reviews if for WHF in the next edition (according to the NAD website anyway...) Unsurprisingly it gets a glowing review. I'm going to wait now until Roksan launches a similar power DAC+amp system comparable to the NAD and then stikc them in a room together until one emereges the winner.

I think this is good advice.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Maybe should be a new thread but was wondering if Steve or anyone had any updates on the Roksan DAC.

I am holding off on the Mdac at present but gonna start ripping my cd's tomorrow with the new ripper and will start with just using the sbt but know I will want them going through a dac soon.

Thanks

SteveR750

Nothing new to report I'm afraid. I would be surprised to se anything this side of Easter to be honest, but like you I am waiting patiently. I'm going down the impulse buy route (yeah really!) and will grab the M2 pre + power combintaion when (if?) it's launched, even for the 2 x 150W of M Power, let alone an onboard DAC.

Rihgt now though, I am keeping the damagic plus. I find it's almost everything that WHF thought it wasn't. It's weakness is it's not the most subtle tonally, nor the most detailed, but its got a huge soundstage and rocks the hell out of my system (my interpretation of PRAT). If the onboard DAC is at least as good (and I expect it to be better) then it's going to be one heck of an amp system, hopefully evetrything thatthe Cyrus 8xpd series isn't*

* for me. YMMV of course.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the update, I am guessing their DAC won't be less than £1k , I am going to try and get a dacmagic plus to borrow and the Mdac, they both have the connectivity I would like and see how they compare.

I now have my NAS ripper and am keen to start streaming which I will use the SBT for to begin with so am eager to get the dac, I keep hunting for a cheap M1 Clic but no joy as yet.

The Qute didn't have the connectivity I needed, the only other consideration is the Nad M51 (I think) but a bit pricey for me,have also discounted now the Linn and naim options as do want to run AV through the dac as well.

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts