Chord Modjo on a Hifi System

fcirstoc

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Could i use Chord Modjo as a DAC for my future hifi system : REGA ELEX-R & Tannoy XTF6. The modjo only has ouput for headphones. Could i conect the headphones out to the ELEX-R ?

Thank you !

fcirstoc said:
Could i use Chord Modjo as a DAC for my future hifi system : REGA ELEX-R & Tannoy XTF6. The modjo only has ouput for headphones. Could i conect the headphones out to the ELEX-R ?

Thank you !

Something like the Oppo HA-2SE would give you more connection options. However you could take the output from the Mojo's headphone socket with the right cable configuration.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Chord mojo has a line out set at 3 volts for using in a hifi set up. This can be adj, as many amps prefer 2volts or thereabouts. In this case it is used as a conventional dac and if there's a headphone output on your amp you can use this to listen to the source you have plugged into your dac

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I posted a similar question a while ago.

I think the Mojo reverts to a high voltage output everytime it is switched on which could make for some surprises.

Perhaps they've fixed that now.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Not to contradict you because I could have interpreted wrong. I was considering buying one of these but decided the rest of my system didn't justify the purchase.

From what I've read, when you set the line level it default to 3v output, but this isn't locked so using the down volume switch reduced the output voltage. Apparently 4 clicks brings it to 1.9 volts. For safety when dac is switched off, next time it's switched on it is not at line level, and also the next time you set line level, it should be at the previous line level setting, ie 1.9 v if set as in above example

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts